Security Installer Community

Mobile Phones & Dvr Connection

SystemQ

Connected to GeoVision systems using the GVIEW V2 (Windows Mobile 5 client) over 3G works very well.

Need to check compatibility of phones though.

I have just got myself the Nokia N82 (previously had Nokia N95) both connect using SSVIEW V3 (Symbian S60 Client). Both connected to GeoVision well over 3G

Some answers to your question

Q1 - You can connect to GeoVision with any phone and get a JPEG image (manually refreshed) throught he inbuilt phone web browser

Q2 - Standard Broadband connection with router. In order to connect you have to do a bit of port forwarding at the DVR end on the router.

Q3 - See above

Q4 - Great quality - up to 16 cameras steaming live at the same time.

Q5 - GeoVision 8.12

Arthur, what phone were you using when trying connecting to the GeoVision system?

I have seen devices that are purely Mobile Phone gateways (with loop in / loop out) that plug into your Internet connection. Have never tried them though.

Connected to GeoVision systems using the GVIEW V2 (Windows Mobile 5 client) over 3G works very well.

Need to check compatibility of phones though.

I have just got myself the Nokia N82 (previously had Nokia N95) both connect using SSVIEW V3 (Symbian S60 Client). Both connected to GeoVision well over 3G

Some answers to your question

Q1 - You can connect to GeoVision with any phone and get a JPEG image (manually refreshed) throught he inbuilt phone web browser

Q2 - Standard Broadband connection with router. In order to connect you have to do a bit of port forwarding at the DVR end on the router.

Q3 - See above

Q4 - Great quality - up to 16 cameras steaming live at the same time.

Q5 - GeoVision 8.12

Arthur, what phone were you using when trying connecting to the GeoVision system?

I have seen devices that are purely Mobile Phone gateways (with loop in / loop out) that plug into your Internet connection. Have never tried them though.

very interesting post,

2 phones were tried, MIO A701 and a Tmobile MDA Compact (slide out keyboard) both WM5. but on standard TMobile not on G3 network.

two kits were bought through EZCCTv who assembled the DVRs, one system is on a fixed ip the other dynamic no success with either, both machine access with no problems over the web from any pc.

i'd lost faith as EZCCTv could not assist in this aspect (excellent about everything else though) so thought it was in development. perhaps the GVIEW has been updated from when i last tried, so i will download a later copy and try again.

many thanks for the info

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

One of my colleagues used the Orange version of that phone, with GVIEW V2 and successfully connected to several sites.

You could download the software from the ezcctv website, and connect to their web demo (configured for mobile access)

Install and Run GVIEW V2 then point to the following.

Web demo

IP Address - 81.86.29.25

Port - 8866

Username - user

Password - user

Hi Paul,

having bought 2 x 365's off you recently, a i to would like this ability, even if the client doe's not require it, would be real handy for me to check in with if there is a fault reported,and a great selling aid if used as a demo imo.

early last year i tried it with geovision based kit (bought from EZCCTV) on a WM5 mobile but with no success. it did everything but show a picture.

i have seen it on mobiles (both windows and nokia's with java) at IFSEC, update was good on single images (but they may have cheated and been using WiFi). several stands all needed fixed ip that i spoke to, think they used MS media player on a couple phones.

regs

alan

Hi Arthur.

Thanks for the reply.

We are looking at a very simple solution that is both easy to use and set up.

Our main concern is about phone compatibility as it will be very hard to test this issue for us.

We will go down a

System Q Ltd.

Hi Arthur.

Thanks for the reply.

We are looking at a very simple solution that is both easy to use and set up.

Our main concern is about phone compatibility as it will be very hard to test this issue for us.

We will go down a

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Have tried the Geovision unit couple of different clients using all Symbian based Handsets from Nokia Handsets any N seris will work also New E90 is fantastic with it.

Excellent to see a supplier taking notice of what Installers are asking for

Well Done System Q

i would love to try it,

i've got several windows smart phones, and i can pilfer a nokia n95 off my son.

i'd urge you to considerer the existing (vast - well me! :P) user base and make an external black box unit available.

regs

alan

The Nokia N95 will work for sure as this is the one we have ordered for testing :P

Paul

System Q Ltd.

Archived