Security Installer Community

Any Help With Sensor Fault On Scantronic 9452 Please?

I would agree with angus,,,,,,,,,,, that is to say for some reason these zones/pirs have lost power and they are now showing as 'open circuit' when setting (tamper is communal on the 9452 so is there a tamper LED on as well?). If these are the only PIR'S on the system could be a fuse but unlikely if external SAB works ok. More likely both PIR'S fed off same cable and cable is damaged /faulty.

Either way unless you are competent in fault finding AS Arfur says you need to get a expert in.

good luck

paul

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

A couple of the room sensors have recently gone 'dodgy' - they light up, they 'register' as being active on the zone board, yet the house alarm doesn't actually fire off when these sensors detect movement in those rooms.

If the led indicator lights up they are getting power, either someone's been 'playing', partially cut through a cable or the panel's given up/needs a restart - needs an engineer.

If the led indicator lights up they are getting power, either someone's been 'playing', partially cut through a cable or the panel's given up/needs a restart - needs an engineer.

note to self = must read posts properly before posting myself!!

If they light up show up OK when walk testing then you def need a engineer to check it.

Can you detail exactly what you have tested, observed etc and we may be able to help further but quite honestly if sounds like you need to get a engineer in - check your local rag in the classified section or see if there is anybody local on here willing to help for the right price.

paul

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

note to self = must read posts properly before posting myself!!

If they light up show up OK when walk testing then you def need a engineer to check it.

Can you detail exactly what you have tested, observed etc and we may be able to help further but quite honestly if sounds like you need to get a engineer in - check your local rag in the classified section or see if there is anybody local on here willing to help for the right price.

paul

THE BLACK KNIGHT

he doesn`t say that he said " ALL EXCEPT FOR THESE TWO....." hmm that`ll be the proggraming fairies or the carpet fitters then and I know which one my moneys on

the very 1st post states -:

.......'dodgy' - they light up, they 'register' as being active on the zone board, yet the house alarm doesn't actually fire off when these sensors detect movement in those rooms.

:hmm: that would be a bit tricky for the carpet fitters to do me thinks :whistle:

post 5#

Thanks for your reply - I appreciate it.

It's only the front door 'switch' that's our access - everything else is completely 'live' once the alarm is fully armed. We've tested various sensors, upstairs and down, by setting the alarm and entering the rooms - they all fire off the external ringer (so that definately works OK) except for these 2 room sensors I'm concerned about. That's why I can't get my head around it...

Anyhow, any advice would be welcomed. Thanks.

so surely he is saying that everything sems to work ok, all indicate on the panel but these two zones don't trip the bells when set :unsure: .

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest anguscanplay
the very 1st post states -:

.......'dodgy' - they light up, they 'register' as being active on the zone board, yet the house alarm doesn't actually fire off when these sensors detect movement in those rooms.

:hmm: that would be a bit tricky for the carpet fitters to do me thinks :whistle:

post 5#

Thanks for your reply - I appreciate it.

It's only the front door 'switch' that's our access - everything else is completely 'live' once the alarm is fully armed. We've tested various sensors, upstairs and down, by setting the alarm and entering the rooms - they all fire off the external ringer (so that definately works OK) except for these 2 room sensors I'm concerned about. That's why I can't get my head around it...

Anyhow, any advice would be welcomed. Thanks.

so surely he is saying that everything sems to work ok, all indicate on the panel but these two zones don't trip the bells when set :unsure: .

regs

alan

Arf - do you know the 9452 ?

no soak test etc etc the only way these PIRS arnt working is if someone has shorted them out of if they have gone to sleep - so " have you had anyone working in the house ?"

Arf - do you know the 9452 ?

no soak test etc etc the only way these PIRS arnt working is if someone has shorted them out of if they have gone to sleep - so " have you had anyone working in the house ?"

i don't use scannie's these days, last one i used was a 9448+ Yuk! is an understatement, so no i don't know this panel.

imo if they were shorted out or 'sleeping' the panel would be unlikely to indicate on the "zone board" as the o/p describes, even if a partial cabkle short or earth, as the panel indicator is working still points to panel and/or programming error.

easy enough done, i managed to accidentally make a back door contact a 'fire detector' on an old 9800 recently, keypad is right by the cupboard door as i lent in i caught several buttons with my hand, boy did i got real embarrassed when i tested the door :rolleyes: had to go right hrough every step program to be safe

so personally, i'm nailing my colours on it being a duff panel, even though admitedly a bit unusual for scantronic to do this, but perhaps hit by lightning strike?

defo needs at least an engineer visit.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Have these zones ever worked? could be basic prog error.

or is it possible that these detectors were added on at a later date , and the programming has not been updated (the zones can be programmed as not used).

Or , could one of the detectors have been added later , and been wired in parallel , so as both detectors need to sense in order for the alarm to trigger.

Archived