Security Installer Community

Gardtec 370

tommi

Good Evening

I have a few issues with a Gardtec 370 alarm which I inherited when I moved into my house. The alarm was previously under a maintenance contract until 2005 but wasn't renewed by the previous owners... as such there are now a number of issues:

1. Alarm goes off on power cut

2. Alarm goes off when attempting to set it?

3. No ability to scroll through any menus etc on the keypad

4. Random displays on the keypad! - currently 7 which i understand is a panic alarm!

5. Only one code...

Anyway, to cut a long story short...

1. How much should I expect to pay to have the alarm serviced and the faults above repaired?

2. How much should I expect to pay for an annual maintenance contract.

If anyone is interested I'm based in North Hampshire, PM me if you feel you can help out..

Thanks

Tommi

Guest anguscanplay
Good Evening

I have a few issues with a Gardtec 370 alarm which I inherited when I moved into my house. The alarm was previously under a maintenance contract until 2005 but wasn't renewed by the previous owners... as such there are now a number of issues:

4. Random displays on the keypad! - currently 7 which i understand is a panic alarm!

5. Only one code, no control over engineer codes etc

1. How much should I expect to pay to have the alarm serviced and the faults above repaired?

If anyone is interested I'm based in North Hampshire, PM me if you feel you can help out..

Thanks

Tommi

In our neck of the woods around

Good Evening

5. Only one code, no control over engineer codes etc

Thanks

Tommi

1. All depends on actual faults found, expect the minimum to be a callout at

• 2 weeks later...
Good Evening

5. Only one code...

Thanks

Tommi

It seems hardly anyone wanted to come and look at my faults, after numerous calls to 'local' companies the best price I was quoted was

Guest anguscanplay
Have you checked the tamper in the control box??

If not and it sounds silly it could be a faulty bell and i know it should come up BB but it has happened!

nah its none of the above - simply " stretch " the spring in the keypad they get over compressed and dont quite work in line with the lid

nah its none of the above - simply " stretch " the spring in the keypad they get over compressed and dont quite work in line with the lid

depends which rkp, may have lost or dislodged the 680 res.

edit: forget that one, i don't think it causes tamper, just the rkp dosn't react.

Guest anguscanplay
depends which rkp, may have lost or dislodged the 680 res.

edit: forget that one, i don't think it causes tamper, just the rkp dosn't react.

okay 370 boy - which keypad could it have been? 0 to 4 across the top row or..........?

Archived