Security Installer Community

Gardtec 370

tommi

Have you checked the tamper in the control box??If not and it sounds silly it could be a faulty bell and i know it should come up BB but it has happened!
I have briefly checked the tamper in the control box and it seems fine. I will check it again (at a more suitable hour !)You're not the 1st to suggest the bell... looks like i need to get the ladder out at the weekendThanks
nah its none of the above - simply " stretch " the spring in the keypad they get over compressed and dont quite work in line with the lid
I'll gve that a try, thanks

mine first - save yourself a wild goose chase :yes:

Tried it..... no luck! Is here anything I need to do to the RKP after trying it though? Should I reset it? or should I expect the fault to instantly go away??

Thanks in anticipation

Guest anguscanplay
Tried it..... no luck! Is here anything I need to do to the RKP after trying it though? Should I reset it? or should I expect the fault to instantly go away??

Thanks in anticipation

take the keypad lid off

stretch the spring and make sure its centered on the little button thingy

put lid back on - you should hear the spring "springing..." and feel a "bounce.." in the lid

set system

unset system

should be back to normal

take the keypad lid off

put lid back on - you should hear the spring "springing..." and feel a "bounce.." in the lid

set system

unset system

should be back to normal

Thanks mate, as I assumed... I did just that but no joy, still the same tamper fault (Ct)

cheers

Guest anguscanplay
Thanks mate, as I assumed... I did just that but no joy, still the same tamper fault (Ct)

cheers

did you happen to take the lid off the keypad earlier ?

take the keypad lid off

set system

unset system

should be back to normal

'Ct' according to the manual is definitely a problem with the remote keypad, possible you have dislodged a wire in it or the lid contact has gone duff.

i'd try operating the tamper contact several times with you finger to clean it up, as might have got some decorating dust in it.

also the terminal cover can be a real pest to get back properly, so try holding the contact spring in with your finger then set and unset to see if it clears, if so it's the adjustment of the spring.

if not, have it upgraded to a G490 panel, far better unit.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

'Ct' according to the manual is definitely a problem with the remote keypad, possible you have dislodged a wire in it or the lid contact has gone duff.

i'd try operating the tamper contact several times with you finger to clean it up, as might have got some decorating dust in it.

also the terminal cover can be a real pest to get back properly, so try holding the contact spring in with your finger then set and unset to see if it clears, if so it's the adjustment of the spring.

if not, have it upgraded to a G490 panel, far better unit.

regs

alan

I have checked the wires and i'm pretty sure they are all fine... I have also 'manually' operated the tamper control and it appears fine. There is clear definition between on and off both audible and by feel.

I'm very tempted to upgrade anyway as I would like to add a dialer... i'd be interested to hear what upgrade path you guys would recommend.

As for the fault.. i'm determined to fix it first!

thanks for all the suggestions.

Archived