Security Installer Community

Email Addresses And Ip Addressess

satsuma01

is there any way of getting a dynamic ip address sent to an email addres when evber it changes?

cheers

colin

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

Im assuming for connection to cam system.

Not sure about email notification but how about dealing with the ip change?

HERE

yes thats great info on there thanks alot

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

you should really use a static ip address with password protection for camera systems so you can enter the menus as and when you like, dynamic ip addresses are mainly for internet connections so you cant be hacked. so i believe.

lee

Lee Sutton

E-Mail: leesutton@centurianfire.co.uk

Phone: 0845 094 9870

CENTURIAN FIRE & SECURITY (part of centurian group limited)

you should really use a static ip address with password protection for camera stsems, dynamic ip addresses are mainly for internet connections so you cant be hacked. so i believe.

lee

i know i have asked orange ip (internet provider) and they say they cannot give out a static ip address? :question:

so whos the best ip to go with for static ip address :question:

cheers

BT will supply a static IP but you have to use their 'business broadband' even if for residential, approx

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

BT will supply a static IP but you have to use their 'business broadband' even if for residential, approx

I use a piece of software called Keep me Posted, which runs as a service on any computer on the network.

It chesks the IP Address at set intervals. It will then either e-mail you or upload to a web page. I use the web page option so can get to it anywhere.

I even have links for the different cctv systems we have, so i dont have to remember which port number each system is on.

cheers

Glenn

Archived