Security Installer Community

Faces Washed Out

kuchars22

Come to think of it, when I first tested it out by connecting to a tv directly, the picture quality was brilliant, a bit like a camcorder type quality. In the dark it was very good as well, but all grainy when it came to putting it outside and connected to the DVR. "No" it doesn't have a setting for impedence, only colour settings like brightness, contrast and hues. Oh, well, it didn't cost that much anyway and I've learnt yet another important factor in cameras, but I don't regret buying it - you sometimes have to see for yourself the dis-benefits to help you along in the future.

so re-read my last post to you - and do the test's (or am i wasting my invaluable time?)

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

so re-read my last post to you - and do the test's (or am i wasting my invaluable time?)

regs

alan

:yes::lol:

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

Guest anguscanplay
for anyone to say the camera he trialled is naff just based on price alone, not knowing the make, model or even the country or origin, let alone seen or accessed it in person, for any self proclaim 'authoritarian' to do so in a public forum imo just beggars belief.

regs

alan

you seem to be missing the rule of diminishing return to to bolster your argument, now take your own advice and re-read what I posted - namely there is no real difference till you get above the magic

you seem to be missing the rule of diminishing return to to bolster your argument, now take your own advice and re-read what I posted - namely there is no real difference till you get above the magic

Guest anguscanplay
:blink:

what are you drinking angus - you started early?

where do i suggest a cheap camera will compete with a dear one? what i'm saying (yet again) don't condemn any camera especially unseen simply on price alone.

this guy is no way into the

so now your saying price IS an indication of quality ("where do i suggest a cheap camera will compete with a dear one?") make your mind up

no! no! no!, i replied in relation to your charge of 'pukka' camera's,

i'm saying low price IS NOT an absolute indication of low quality, you, i and the o/p will weigh price against perceived budget, the o/p's indicated budget (indicated by trying out a 'cheapy' camera) precludes any high end camera's from the equation.

to indirectly condemn by suggesting his woes stem from buying a cheap camera is madness, and confirmed in the o/p's later post as he states when he tried his camera direct on a Tv the results were very good (i.e. satisfactory for his needs). this confirms to me (and as i had suggested well before that post) any problems he has lye with other equipment he has added, might be cables, the DVR settings or might be his configuration regarding his terrestrial viewing setup, so absolutely naff all to do with what he paid for his camera - or is it? or if so please exsplain (just a little scientifically will do :whistle: )

just to add here, if the o/p springs for a

Guest anguscanplay
no! no! no!, i replied in relation to your charge of 'pukka' camera's,

i'm saying low price IS NOT an absolute indication of low quality, you, i and the o/p will weigh price against perceived budget, the o/p's indicated budget (indicated by trying out a 'cheapy' camera) precludes any high end camera's from the equation.

to indirectly condemn by suggesting his woes stem from buying a cheap camera is madness, and confirmed in the o/p's later post as he states when he tried his camera direct on a Tv the results were very good (i.e. satisfactory for his needs). this confirms to me (and as i had suggested well before that post) any problems he has lye with other equipment he has added, might be cables, the DVR settings or might be his configuration regarding his terrestrial viewing setup, so absolutely naff all to do with what he paid for his camera - or is it? or if so please exsplain (just a little scientifically will do :whistle: )

just to add here, if the o/p springs for a

Come to think of it, when I first tested it out by connecting to a tv directly, the picture quality was brilliant, a bit like a camcorder type quality. In the dark it was very good as well, but all grainy when it came to putting it outside and connected to the DVR. "No" it doesn't have a setting for impedence, only colour settings like brightness, contrast and hues. Oh, well, it didn't cost that much anyway and I've learnt yet another important factor in cameras, but I don't regret buying it - you sometimes have to see for yourself the dis-benefits to help you along in the future.

I'll see if I get 75ohms this weekend from the camera end.

After listening to all the arguements, I appreciate all the comments people have about buying the best equipment out there, but I must agree with Angus that high price does not necessarily mean high quality. I suppose it depends on the requirements of the end user. This is purely for my own home and not a commercial property with money to burn. A

Archived