Security Installer Community

Faces Washed Out

kuchars22

Guest anguscanplay
No, but I'm tempted. How does a BW camera improve things compared to a night/day camera?

a B&W camera see`s infra red where as a D / N camera uses shutter speed (and a bit of electronic wizardy) to grab enough visible light, you`ll still get washed out faces but you need less light to get a working picture and less light equals less wash out

a B&W camera see`s infra red where as a D / N camera uses shutter speed (and a bit of electronic wizardy) to grab enough visible light, you`ll still get washed out faces but you need less light to get a working picture and less light equals less wash out

An higher res too? I believe bw have more linesthan colour. Will a bw camera be affected by the porch light still (60w)? I'm thinking of buying one of those energy saving ones which output about 15w so it's just enough light.

I saw this Extreme CCTV dome on ebay, looks good - any comments?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...=tab%3DWatching

Aha! I've got two of the dome cameras, and I tried the other one, which was still in its box, and the picture was miles better! What it looks like is that the original camera fails to adjust the exposure leaving the object washed out. The PSU failed at some point and was replaced, and I guess this is the damage that it caused to the camera. Thanks all for your help!

Aha! I've got two of the dome cameras, and I tried the other one, which was still in its box, and the picture was miles better! What it looks like is that the original camera fails to adjust the exposure leaving the object washed out. The PSU failed at some point and was replaced, and I guess this is the damage that it caused to the camera. Thanks all for your help!

just go's to show - information ALL OF IT is invaluable, you was asked to try try the camera on a Tv composite (rca) input, this was to eliminate the camera from the problem

'we' did not know you had a second camera or we would have suggested swapping, 'we' did not know your psu failed either - and now you know why proper and full information is so valuable.

Alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

just go's to show - information ALL OF IT is invaluable, you was asked to try try the camera on a Tv composite (rca) input, this was to eliminate the camera from the problem

'we' did not know you had a second camera or we would have suggested swapping, 'we' did not know your psu failed either - and now you know why proper and full information is so valuable.

Alan

In hindsight it's easy to say that now. If I mentioned that I had second camera, I would have tried that already, otherwise there would be no point in mentioning it. The replacement PSU worked when I plugged it in during the day, when the picture is perfect, but I never knew that I had a problem during the dark from the beginning so I had no reason to suspect that it damaged the camera in anyway, but I get your point though. Thanks.

Guest anguscanplay
In hindsight it's easy to say that now. If I mentioned that I had second camera, I would have tried that already, otherwise there would be no point in mentioning it. The replacement PSU worked when I plugged it in during the day, when the picture is perfect, but I never knew that I had a problem during the dark from the beginning so I had no reason to suspect that it damaged the camera in anyway, but I get your point though. Thanks.

I think your barking up the wrong tree anyway - doubt the psu had damaged the first camera, more likely the second camera was simply better set up for low light situations

Archived