Security Installer Community

Help! Alarm Going Off After Power Cut And Can't Turn It Off!

sally1234

Looks like we are in for a long night then!

Thanks for your help anyway.

The last company to come out was based in Sheffield (the original installers of the alarm I believe .... we inherited the alarm when we bought the house). I wasn't that impressed with the quality of the service so would welcome any recommendations for an alternative (Northants, NN6).

Hope you all have a lovely nights sleep :lol:

Sally

The last company to come out was based in Sheffield (the original installers of the alarm I believe .... we inherited the alarm when we bought the house). I wasn't that impressed with the quality of the service so would welcome any recommendations for an alternative (Northants, NN6).

Sheffield??

Thats some distance. May we ask who??

Sheffield??

Thats some distance. May we ask who??

just check on aa site and it works out nearly 2 hours away...

:o

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

Thanks for your help last night guys, we are sorted now.

Unfortunately we couldnt get an engineer to come out until next week (there must be a lot of demand right now, tried 3 companies) but the company gave me some technical support over the phone so we have a temporary solution re the noise.I thought I would share my new knowledge with you guys, hopefully it will be able to help you out if you come across this situation again.

info removed

Hope that helps you guys!

Sally

I must just add that this is advice given to me only and it worked for me, I cannot be responsible if it doesnt always work for you. Always check to ensure it is not a dangerous situation with electricity involved

!

Sheffield??Thats some distance. May we ask who??

I would rather not say until we have rectified the problem next week, will post the details after that. Plus, I will post any more tips I learn for you guys!

Tbh i would not give you details like that over the phone.

How does this company who has never inspected your alarm know the system was fitted correctly in the first place and cores are not being used for other devices. I have seen this done before. Not very good practice in my opinion but at least you can sleep now.

!

Archived