Security Installer Community

Dvr Card?

bgd

Hi, has anyone dealt with this company before?

In particular do you have any experience with this DVR card VG-M8009?

It's spec seems to be quite high ie. 200fps in PAL and support for H.264, up to 8 cams, 9-bit ADC.

Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated!

Hi, has anyone dealt with this company before?

In particular do you have any experience with this DVR card VG-M8009?

It's spec seems to be quite high ie. 200fps in PAL and support for H.264, up to 8 cams, 9-bit ADC.

Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated!

as i dont use and trust pc dvr cards in computers i wouldnt like to say how good or bad these cards are BUT in my past experience i have found pc based systems to be a little awkward to use and setup and also realiablity on these types of dvr hasnt shown me to be that good.

IMHO i would not go the pc dvr route and would go standalone route instead.

i have a jpeg 2000 dvr 1000gb and never had an ounce of trouble from it. this is a standalone unit though, not pc dvr very good bit of kit.

hope this helps you

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

as i dont use and trust pc dvr cards in computers i wouldnt like to say how good or bad these cards are BUT in my past experience i have found pc based systems to be a little awkward to use and setup and also realiablity on these types of dvr hasnt shown me to be that good.

IMHO i would not go the pc dvr route and would go standalone route instead.

i have a jpeg 2000 dvr 1000gb and never had an ounce of trouble from it. this is a standalone unit though, not pc dvr very good bit of kit.

hope this helps you

Thanks Satsuma01!

I just thought it would be good to utilise my spare pc which is quite good spec for the job.

I also belive the pc based DVR system would be more versatile when it comes to upgrades and remote access.

C'mon guys, need someone's experienced view on this like angus, arfurmo, breff, amateurandy etc...cheers! Or should I stick with Avermedia / Geovision?I know your answer already, but convince me please.

C'mon guys, need someone's experienced view on this like angus, arfurmo, breff, amateurandy etc...cheers! Or should I stick with Avermedia / Geovision?I know your answer already, but convince me please.

Sorry mate, I have very little experience with PC-based DVR's though none of it is very positive....

Knowing how PC's work (especially the OS) I'd consider it a last resort TBH.

Archived