Security Installer Community

Help - Connecting Pir With Remote Led

andyrav

What did you mean by "no need for all that beeping during testing" then? :rolleyes: I'm not sure how you can verify the correct coverage of a PIR without the LEDs enabled either "for you info, you can walk test with or without the LED's on - well i certainly can"

Perhaps you should think about how you word things in the public forum...

it's very very simple dear boy,

if walk testing clear all area's or if possible select individual detector to test. stand still then walk into test area and get response back to panel indicated by internal siren so proving relay is working and wiring is correct, simple as so then, we don't need the LED's for that then or do we :no: ?

if the guy wants to test the range of his detector he can do so on the LED's alone which is also far more efficient, making a final test on 'walk test' as above back to the panel, so reducing all the unnecessary and irritating noise - simple as.

(well it was to me any way, but i'm very very old, over thehill, past it should be put out to grass :cold2: )

as - if!

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest anguscanplay

Arf - please explain in simple terms (for this simple guy) how if your struggling to work out switched settings for walk test it`s going to be any easier to bodge a toggle switch, surely it`s exactly the same but with an extra bit? madness

Arf - please explain in simple terms (for this simple guy) how if your struggling to work out switched settings for walk test it`s going to be any easier to bodge a toggle switch, surely it`s exactly the same but with an extra bit? madness

how the dickens am i struggling?

the op is (was :unsure: ), so i gave him as simple alternative way around it.

you, antinode and of course i well as many others (i hope) would as i said wire in and program an output, of course being professionals to a man ensuring the current limit is not exceeded (as we don't know just how many LED's he wants to control)

regs

alan

K.I.S.S.

so tell me please, what is simpler to the untrained o/p who did not happen notice the words "programmable outputs" on his own posted drawing - i'm waiting andy.

so advise to wire in a switch or work out how to program an output and which terminal to use?

so the ethic of KISS was well served (and in spades imo).

regs

alan

so tell me please, what is simpler to the untrained o/p who did not happen notice the words "programmable outputs" on his own posted drawing - i'm waiting andy.

so advise to wire in a switch or work out how to program an output and which terminal to use?

so the ethic of KISS was well served (and in spades imo).

regs

alan

Hi Arfur, nice to do business with you after all these years :rolleyes:

I don't actually recall commenting on ANY of your posts in this thread TBH, only Angus'. (note correct use of apostrophe!)

But since you ask, I'd go back to first principles (KISS) and say why bother with any of this? Do a walk test and listen. Who care's if the LED's are on or off? If you have to go too far to hear the confirmations use an assistant with a walkie-talkie or mobile phone with lots of inclusive minutes. :D

Don't you just love over-engineered solutions!

Archived