Security Installer Community

Help - Connecting Pir With Remote Led

andyrav

Hi Arfur, nice to do business with you after all these years :rolleyes:

I don't actually recall commenting on ANY of your posts in this thread TBH, only Angus'. (note correct use of apostrophe!)

But since you ask, I'd go back to first principles (KISS) and say why bother with any of this? Do a walk test and listen. Who care's if the LED's are on or off? If you have to go too far to hear the confirmations use an assistant with a walkie-talkie or mobile phone with lots of inclusive minutes. :D

Don't you just love over-engineered solutions!

hi Andy,

it's always good to see you on here,

and your right you were replying to Angus' so ooops! and a very big apology :kissblush:

regs

Alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest anguscanplay
hi Andy,

it's always good to see you on here,

and your right you were replying to Angus' so ooops! and a very big apology :kissblush:

regs

Alan

he was replying to me in support of the question (you know the one you havnt answered yet)

he was replying to me in support of the question (you know the one you havnt answered yet)

?? i've read back and can't see any question you asked of me i have not replied to, ping a link.

regs

alan

Guest anguscanplay
?? i've read back and can't see any question you asked of me i have not replied to, ping a link.

regs

alan

"how bodging a toggle switch is easier...?"

your post #12

Arf - please explain in simple terms (for this simple guy) how if your struggling to work out switched settings for walk test it`s going to be any easier to bodge a toggle switch, surely it`s exactly the same but with an extra bit? madness

which i thought was an opinion - not a question :unsure:

but see my #15 and #16

back before you were born companies were fitting such switches, sometimes in the power lead to detectors as 'sabbath' switches (discussed elsewhere), so not a bodge by any means.

i say again the o/p did not cotton on about the programmable outputs, even though he posted a drawing of them with the wording on.

fair enough, he is not as experienced as us and using what is not a diy panel, but a fairly sophisticated panel, so KISS method = fit switch, better surely than take him through any torturous programming steps for what gain. fiting a switch he can understand so less likely to make a mistake.

a bodge is something not done properly (but here is where bow to your superior experience in the matter :sothere: )

:lol:

regs

alan

Guest anguscanplay
fair enough, he is not as experienced as us and using what is not a diy panel, but a fairly sophisticated panel, so KISS method = fit switch, better surely than take him through any torturous programming steps for what gain. fiting a switch he can understand so less likely to make a mistake.

a bodge is something not done properly (but here is where bow to your superior experience in the matter :sothere: )

:lol:

regs

alan

let me guess you`d even have talked him through fitting an in-line fuse to power the latch? strewth man, you got shares in Maplins?

let me guess you`d even have talked him through fitting an in-line fuse to power the latch? strewth man, you got shares in Maplins?

nah, don't be silly Angus, the aux fuse will deal with that

regs

alan

Guest anguscanplay
nah, don't be silly Angus, the aux fuse will deal with that

regs

alan

I refer the honorable gentleman back to his post in the " how do you connect multiple sensors to 12v..." thread

Archived