Security Installer Community

Ade Optima Compact Problem

GARYF

Hi everybody, After posting earlier regarding a Citadel XR1. i now find i had the wrong info so i will start again!!

I am doing some work on a bungalow that has had a upstairs built therefore needs some mods to existing alarm system. The system is a ADE Optima compact panel with a Accenta RKP.

The front door was entry/exit with the panel at the side of the door. The RKP was located at the downstairs bedroom door. The owner wanted to make the back door a entry/exit as well so i relocated the existing RKP at the side of the back door. I also fitted the new RKP on the landing. My problem is that although the alarm sets ok when going out, on entry, the back door contact triggers full alarm. I realise that the zone needs to be timed but cannot access engineering properly.

The manual states to get into engineering program mode, press prog (all zone lights on), xxxx (tamper light on), 1 (for alarm test). when i do this, after pressing xxxx, all lights go off except day and power - no tamper light!

If i press my user code instead of xxxx. ie, prog (all lights on), 4 digit user code (tamper, day and power come on), then 1 (alarm test), i get a flat beep as in a wrong key, however, if i press 0 instead of 1, attack lights and i am in engineer program (in a fashion!). The following now happens:

Press 2 - strobe test - fine

Press 3 - external siren - fine

Press 4 - low volume sounder - fine

Press 5 - high volume sounder - fine

Press 6 - walk test - flat beep as in wrong key pressed!

Not been able to get into eng' program obviously means i cannot alter any programs.

Can anyone advise me on this please. I downloaded the instructions for a Optima compact G3 panel which is what the unit says on the front panel, however, when i changed the battery, it had a date from 1999. If this is the age of the panel, could some changes have been made to render my instructions useless?

Many thanks in advance for any advice given.

Gary.

however, if i press 0 instead of 1, attack lights and i am in engineer program (in a fashion!). The following now happens:

Press 2 - strobe test - fine

Press 3 - external siren - fine

Press 4 - low volume sounder - fine

Press 5 - high volume sounder - fine

Press 6 - walk test - flat beep as in wrong key pressed!

Not been able to get into eng' program obviously means i cannot alter any programs.

Can anyone advise me on this please. I downloaded the instructions for a Optima compact G3 panel which is what the unit says on the front panel, however, when i changed the battery, it had a date from 1999. If this is the age of the panel, could some changes have been made to render my instructions useless?

Many thanks in advance for any advice given.

Gary.

Hello Gary,

Prog 0 is NOT engineer mode, it is more likely USER TEST mode. But it should still do a walk test on 6 if it's a modern Accenta/Optima G3.

Sounds like you may have:

1. The wrong manual (please note you can't get an engineers manual here - you have read the rules?)

2. mis-identified your panel

3. Not have the correct engineers code (the default has been changed, and posting defaults here is frowned upon anyway)

Hope that helps you go in the right direction........

Swap the zones for the front and back doors at the control panel and job done.

If you need both doors as entry/exit, series them up on the original front door zone and link out the back door zone.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Hello Gary,

Prog 0 is NOT engineer mode, it is more likely USER TEST mode. But it should still do a walk test on 6 if it's a modern Accenta/Optima G3.

Sounds like you may have:

1. The wrong manual (please note you can't get an engineers manual here - you have read the rules?)

2. mis-identified your panel

3. Not have the correct engineers code (the default has been changed, and posting defaults here is frowned upon anyway)

Hope that helps you go in the right direction........

Hi Andy, thanks for your advice. However, regarding:

1. I downloaded a engineers installation manual and user manual from another site, is there a problem with this?

2. It is a ADE Optima compact circa 1999 (dont know about G3).

3. Rang ADE Tech today and they suggested this and explained how to reset factory setings by linking ** and ****. Dont understand what your meaning regarding defaults and been frowned upon??

Gary.

Dont understand what your meaning regarding defaults and been frowned upon??

Gary.

Have a look back at your original post (oh and the one I'm replying to as well!). Some engineering/defaulting information has now been edited out by a moderator. You probably didn't realise that it contravened the site rules. :rolleyes:

Have a look back at your original post (oh and the one I'm replying to as well!). Some engineering/defaulting information has now been edited out by a moderator. You probably didn't realise that it contravened the site rules. :rolleyes:
Yeah, i understand what you are talking about now! No i didnt know about the site rules (tbh, i never read them). Apologies to all and i will make sure it does not happen again.Gary.
you trade?
Hi, like Andy says, just a DIYer helping a friend out.Gary.

Archived