Security Installer Community

Veritas 8 Alarm Panel/keypad

Guest Guest_paul

Guest Guest_paul

i have a veritas 8 alarm panel in my house a few days a go the red tamper light came on and i carn,t clear it help :unsure:

Hello Guest_paul, It could be a number of things, Check the lids on all your PIR's etc to make sure they are sound,

It may also be the external sounder (have you had the rain lashing everyone else has had lateley?)

have any cables been damaged?

if you open your panel (if you feel confident enough) there will be a couple of terminals marked T, if you short these out, lid it back up, press reset and the tamper clears the problem lies in the global tamper i.e. the detectors.

try that 1st

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Guest Guest_paul

iv checked the pir,s/panel/ but the bell box is a texecom odyssey 1E and it looks fine the panel is hid ass well have a keypad bay the front door

Im assuming you put the cover on the control panel, mebe try pulling the spring on the panel as this may just need stretching as its not pushing the tamper switch down enough, also there is one in the keypad, try stretching this also. Then press reset once you have put all the covers back on.

If this doesnt work I would suggest calling an engineer as if its not a global fault and the springs are definately in place its either the bell box tamper (which requires ladders, and I would never recommend the public servicing bell boxes) or a faulty PCB, mebe a dry solder joint.

Dale

Guest Guest

could someone tell me how to how to patented engineer hold-off mode so i can open the lid with out setting the bell box off and i do have the engineer coad /

By linking out the bell tamper you will discover if the tamper switch in the bell is at fault, although it doesnt solve the problem, as if you leave the link in then your bellbox can be tampered with without causing an alarm.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kenny james

:D hi. i noticed you said you have an odyssey 1e installed,if this is the case these bellboxes have their own engineer hold off built into them , to do this you need to activate the strobe to go off 3 seperate times within 30 seconds when you have done this if you look on your odyssey bellbox the right led will be flashing on its own, you then will have about 15 minutes to get up to the bellbox and open the box, when you have then opened up the bellbox your left led will then start flashing to let you know the tamper circuit is open , once you have done what you need to do put lid back on and then both led lights will start flashing in sequence faster than normal this will then go back to normal again after about a minute or 2 and then restore itself , ps: if both leds are working don,t bother going up with a ladder as it will not be a bellbox tamper fault anyway, also have you looked inside your keypad has one of the tamper wires come loose inside it which can happen!!.

if you do not have the engineer code to activate the strobe you can simply connect up the s (strobe) wire to the 0v inside the panel and this will activate strobe for you. hope this helps.

Archived