Security Installer Community

Dedicated Micros Sprite 2 Dvr

Craig B

Anyone know if the only way to factory reset one of the above units including password is sending it back to DM.

They say it is but i'm sure there must be another way they just wont tell me about.Basically someone has put password on it and forgotten it.

cheers

There is a dm back door code which will let you into the programming and diasble the codes, then set them up again, you'll have to ask dm for it if they will give it you as it kind of defets the object of putting codes into the systems. If your an engineer and have the installer code and it the customer code your trying to reset you can do this in the installer menus, if your an installer and one of your guys has messed it up speak to dm, if your an end user/customer then you need to call an engineer who can work on dm systems and knows how to get around the installer codes with the back door code.... not everyone knows it but if you work with dm's day in day out is common knowledge, please don't ask for it on here as it breaks the rules and people will jump all over you.

CCTV Intruder Access Control

Tony Hughes, Proprietor,

TRADE MEMBER

*****!!!!!!!!!!DO NOT FACTORY DEFAULT!!!!!!!!!!*****

This 'code' has caused no end of problems for me in the past - especially with the S2

Make sure (even though a pain in the @ss) if you have any issues, send it back every time. Thats what they are there for!!!!

Incidentally, anyone had any issues with Star Card convertors? Keyboards and Vicon Domes etc........

Fire and Security Service Engineer

***Any views or statements above are not the views of my Employer***

Do you mean Vicon domes fitted to a DS2?. We had the problem where you can't get out of the menu screen, took me ages to get it out of the menu (tech support wern't much help).

Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

Do you mean Vicon domes fitted to a DS2?. We had the problem where you can't get out of the menu screen, took me ages to get it out of the menu (tech support wern't much help).

tech support do their bit but if i remember rightly, the only way to get out of that menu was to down-power the camera and hold 6 on the keyboard....... might be confusing this with something else though.

Fire and Security Service Engineer

***Any views or statements above are not the views of my Employer***

Archived