Security Installer Community

Gen4 Accenta And Bell Box

jonnywales

There should always be a tamper for the external bell. Who run the cable??? Normal cable runs are done in 6 core for bell and 4 core for eol to panel from PIR's.

As you are DIY i can only reccommend that another cable is run to the bell from the control panel.

If you can give more detail of who run the cable and how it was run then we can help you more.

!

Guest anguscanplay
i have an accenta mini panel which the manual says use 5 cores to the bell box,however the cable is already in and only has 4cores .is this possible to do if i am not bothered about having the bell tamper? ure: :unsure:

what - no tamper :no: just link the feed for the noise to the terminal for the light and job done

There should always be a tamper for the external bell. Who run the cable??? Normal cable runs are done in 6 core for bell and 4 core for eol to panel from PIR's.

As you are DIY i can only reccommend that another cable is run to the bell from the control panel.

If you can give more detail of who run the cable and how it was run then we can help you more.

just link the strobe [-] to bell[-] trigger in the bell box. it means that the strobe will only activate when the bell is sounding but it is the best way.

Guest anguscanplay
It is a good way alter but why not run the 6 core to the bell??

oyh my idea first LOL , because other than setting confirmation its BAD to have the strobe continue flashing after the sounder stops anyway ( and Illegal too )

It is a good way alter but why not run the 6 core to the bell??

because its not my house or customer ;):D just kidding, not worth the hassle IMO. If they were that bothered and the bell and aux supply share the same fuse they could feed the bell power from a landing PIR ect.

Archived