Security Installer Community

Alarm Sounds Without Being Activated. Gardtec Cpx

CabbagePatch

Hi. I have an intermitment problem (3 times in 4 weeks) where my alarm sounds when in part set mode, but when I check no zone has been activated. I have a speech dialler, but as the system isn't being activated this obviously isn't triggerring either.

I have two questions:

Firstly, does anybody have any idea why this would be happen?

Secondly, does anyone have any recommendations for an independent alarm engineer in the Oxford / Swindon area?

My alarm is a Gardtec Eurosec CPX, fitted 18 months ago by a NACOSS registered firm and serviced 3 months ago. It is still under a maintenance contract, but because of a fall out with the company I would prefer to find someone local, reliable and most of all trustworthy!

Any thoughts?

Richard

Guest anguscanplay
Hi. I have an intermitment problem (3 times in 4 weeks) where my alarm sounds when in part set mode, but when I check no zone has been activated. I have a speech dialler, but as the system isn't being activated this obviously isn't triggerring either.

I have two questions:

Firstly, does anybody have any idea why this would be happen?

Secondly, does anyone have any recommendations for an independent alarm engineer in the Oxford / Swindon area?

My alarm is a Gardtec Eurosec CPX, fitted 18 months ago by a NACOSS registered firm and serviced 3 months ago. It is still under a maintenance contract, but because of a fall out with the company I would prefer to find someone local, reliable and most of all trustworthy!

Any thoughts?

Richard

morning richard

is it just sounding outside ? - there is a known bug with risco sounders ( fair assumption if its a cpx ) or is it just starting the entry tones? are you sure its even the alarm ( dont laugh it does happen! )

spill the beans what was the fallout over ?

angus

morning richard

is it just sounding outside ? - there is a known bug with risco sounders ( fair assumption if its a cpx ) or is it just starting the entry tones? are you sure its even the alarm ( dont laugh it does happen! )

angus

smoke detectors? yeah, spill the beans.

smoke detectors? yeah, spill the beans.

definitely spill the beans - we all love a good 'inspectorated' company hanging in here just don't mention the alarm co's name

if you have real issues with you current alarm company, you can complain to the NSI or SSAIB inspectorates noted on the paperwork, they are there to give you some arbitration and if needed the right of redress (if they think your justified, but we will say no more on that - how far can you swim underwater is all ia can say :rolleyes: )

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

morning richard

angus

Angus

I don't know if the outside siren is going off, but the inside one and the high power sounder in the garage certainly is. Thought it best to shut it down as soon as possible at 2.30 am rather than poke my head out of the door!

I'll come back with details of the fall out later.

cheers

Richard

Guest Dave the alarm man
(if they think your justified, but we will say no more on that - how far can you swim underwater is all ia can say :rolleyes: )

clients never wrong are they.......

okay having a guess.........

system sold with maintenance, when anniversary comes around client don't want to pay?

hence 15 month to visit & untrustworthy jibe.....

clients never wrong are they.......

okay having a guess.........

system sold with maintenance, when anniversary comes around client don't want to pay?

hence 15 month to visit & untrustworthy jibe.....

You're quite right. However hiding reference to a minimum of a 5 year maintenance deal under paragraph 11.5 of the terms and conditions printed in 4 point text on the back of the system specification document and not mentioning anything verbally other than the first annual service being free could be considered as sharp practice. My solicitor certainly thought so, as did the company involved when threatened with legal action if they tried to enforce this.

That aside, I want to find someone reliable in the Oxford area. Any recommendations?

You're quite right. However hiding reference to a minimum of a 5 year maintenance deal under paragraph 11.5 of the terms and conditions printed in 4 point text on the back of the system specification document and not mentioning anything verbally other than the first annual service being free could be considered as sharp practice. My solicitor certainly thought so, as did the company involved when threatened with legal action if they tried to enforce this.

That aside, I want to find someone reliable in the Oxford area. Any recommendations?

did you pay full price for the system?

http://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/comm...p?showforum=244

Guest Dave the alarm man
You're quite right.

normally are :whistle:

However hiding reference to a minimum of a 5 year maintenance deal under paragraph 11.5 of the terms and conditions printed in 4 point text on the back of the system specification document and not mentioning anything verbally other than the first annual service being free could be considered as sharp practice. My solicitor certainly thought so,

I would assume the if a mere bells only system, sitting down with the solicitor costed more than a year under contract?

as did the company involved when threatened with legal action if they tried to enforce this.

got judgement awarded & warrant out on a client for doing the self same thing,

who works with out contracts at a cheap rate........ now if I were the installer & you paid your maintenance promptly in full & on time, you would not be trawling forums looking for a fix would you ;)

Archived