Security Installer Community

Reson8 Bell Box

marksandsparks

Fitted a Texecom alarm a couple of years ago and fitted the ADE Reson8 bell box plus the same dummy box with a flashing LED module. Neither the LED's in the live box or the dummy box have ever been very bright, which is rather frustrating banghead when all my neighbours' bell boxes flash brightly (different boxes of course). In fact you have to stand quite close just to see my dim lights.

I've tried moving the LED module closer to the blue lense but that didn't work. There's no problem with the voltage, the cable doesn't have to go very far to the live box.

Is it because the Reson8 is designed like this? Badly. :smash:

Fitted a Texecom alarm a couple of years ago and fitted the ADE Reson8 bell box plus the same dummy box with a flashing LED module. Neither the LED's in the live box or the dummy box have ever been very bright, which is rather frustrating banghead when all my neighbours' bell boxes flash brightly (different boxes of course). In fact you have to stand quite close just to see my dim lights.

I've tried moving the LED module closer to the blue lense but that didn't work. There's no problem with the voltage, the cable doesn't have to go very far to the live box.

Is it because the Reson8 is designed like this? Badly. :smash:

it is because the reason8 is a better door stop then a bell box.

for bright LED's you can't get better then a gardtec nova 2.

it is because the reason8 is a better door stop then a bell box.

As I thought :angry:

Thanks alterEGO. That's obviously you're favourite. Does anyone else have any other suggestions so I can make an informed choice for replacement.

Also will my flashing LED module work alright with a new dummy box or should I get a better one of those. I have one of these at the moment http://www.alertelectrical.com/Burglar-Int...Module-FLED.asp

Anyone need a doorstop? :whistle:

if the siren works ok as a loud siren, and if the strobe flashes as a bright strobe why change the unit simply for the dull (often called wally lights) led's

why not simply fit some bright self flashing 12 volt ones from maplin's or rs components for a few pence?

disclaimer!

remember please there may be high voltages present within the casing, and the effect of gravity often has unfortuate effects on the human body, so work sane and work safe.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

my choice gardtec novagard 2, this is what i settled on, leds are very bright and can be seen 1/4 of a mile away in dark. execellent deterent imo B)

i did a lot of research when changing from the pyronix belle, and i choose it on the bright flashing lights...............mind i am a bit mad on flashing lights :whistle:

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

Can't go wrong with a Novagard in my opinion. Probably the best sounder out there.

I think I would rather have a C Type housing with a Kinetic horn sounder in it than a Reason8...

qfa

i wonder if the name stood for the 8 reasons not to use them :yes:

i'll start the list

1. THEY ARE ****

KKA: the reason8 is followed close by the belle as second worst siren, it could only get better switching from a belle.

IMO only gardtec and texecom can make decent bells.[texecom come 2nd to tech though ;)]

Archived