Security Installer Community

Menvier TS900+

DGMarsden

How easy is it to fit one of these panels? Do you need special belden cable and resistors like the galaxy or can you simply use normal 6/8/12 core cable like a texecom or ADE?

All help greatly received.

Thanks

Dave

Both very similar althought quite different terminology.

The Menvier is both double pole + eol (now you have learnt all about eol!! :) )

I am normally a Galaxy man but on this occasion I would recommend the Menvier

...just my opinion :):)

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

You shouldnt need to change any cabling, ADE rkp uses 6 cores Menvier is 5, TS900 can be wired double pole or EOL

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

TS900+ IS IN EXCELLENT PANEL AND VERY EXPANDABLE

IS THE 8 ZONE (6 ON BOARD + 2 IN KEYPAD) TS690 BIG ENOUGH

IT'S QUIET A BIT CHEAPER, EASY TO PROGRAMME AND VERY RELIABLE

Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

End of line (EOL) means that the panel is checking for a certain resistance on each alarm circuit. Eg, on DSC systems, the single end of line resistor is 5.6K, so, if the panel reads 5.6K on the circuit, it shows the zone as 'closed'. If it reads 0 ohms (open circuit) or closed circuit, it shows the zone as 'open'. With this system is harder to bypass a zone by shorting out the appropriate wires in the cable.

With double end of line (DEOL), two resistors of different values are used, one in series with the activation switch (to represent a tamper), and one in parallel (to represent an alarm condition). So, imagine a panel using 1K for tamper and 2K for activation. In 'closed', only the tamper (1K) will be in the circuit (as the 2K is shorted by the activation switch), and the circuit will read 1K. If the detector triggers, the 2K is brought into the circuit, and the resistance goes up to 3K (1K + 2K). If the detector is tampered, the circuit is broken completely(open circuit), and the panel will read the tamper.

When using double pole, two separate circuits are formed between each detector and the panel. One, will be for the activation circuit (the normal alarm circuit), and the other for the tamper circuit.

Hope this makes sense...

Archived