Security Installer Community

Patent Attorney

tinnitus

hello lads,

any one had dealings with a patent attorney?

I have done my own for a US patent at http://www.uspto.gov/ - very comprehensive site.

They let you send them your idea which gets noted in a register for about a tenner, but I'm not sure if the UK patent office offer the same service. If you want to go one step further, you can apply for a provisional patent which gives you an extra 12 months to decide if you want to go the distance and pay for a full patent.

Hope this helps.

Steve.

Free Alarm Monitoring over the Internet from IP Alarms

ACT used to make a wireless test set that had a audible tone that changed with voltage/resistance on the circut being tested.

Sounds like a well used idea? :IDEA:

if i was to make a new versiontoday i'd make it able to interface with pmr handsets.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

if i was to make a new versiontoday i'd make it able to interface with pmr handsets.

regs

alan

Easy, just turn on VOX, job done!

:rolleyes:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

you amature!

:lol:

regs

alan

Keep it simple stupid! :rolleyes:

I used to use my PMR's for testing intercoms, mine had a radio built in so I was able to test audio up from the end station and use the VOX to test the call buzzer to the phone, if that's amature I'll live with the title!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

Keep it simple stupid! :rolleyes:

I used to use my PMR's for testing intercoms, mine had a radio built in so I was able to test audio up from the end station and use the VOX to test the call buzzer to the phone, if that's amature I'll live with the title!!

only having a giggle,

i took it as you referring to my 'crasher' fault finding unit, i had visions of using vox in a noisy factory, workshop, perhaps in an office, just imagined some of the conversations that might get overheard by the wrong people :)

i use a small radio or a buzzer to test voice, on videx kit having a mic on a fly lead if you point the mic at the speaker it will howl due to feed back when you lift any of the receivers so testing the voice circuits B).

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

I designed a similar device in the mid eighties. It was called 'Gremlin Finder'

Was that a device that could be connected to a cc wired door to check for problems? If so, I've still got one somewhere.

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Was that a device that could be connected to a cc wired door to check for problems? If so, I've still got one somewhere.

Yes. It looked for any break in the closed circuit no matter how brief. It was a small grey plastic box with a label with the name and manufacturer's details on it.

Archived