Security Installer Community

Vcl Maxcom Help

cossikid

Can anyone help me with the following?

I have recently upgraded a cctv sytem for a client and aquired the old kit.

I have a VCL Maxcom controller and slave unit (MAX033) and i think orbiter domes (code on the dome PCB is VC471V4)

I've installed the system at home and everything works fine (after a lot of trials and errors)

I have managed to work out how to set the preset positions for the auto pan but thats all i know how to do.

I need to know how to increase the number of presets (only 8 are used at present) and also the scan/stick speeds if they can be changed.

The stick speed from the main controller is really quick but from the slave its really slow.

I'm currently using up the coax telemetry but i presume it does exactly the same job as RS485

The units i have just fitted for my client are Sony domes and these have a camera menu that can be called from the controller with a preset instruction, do the older type domes have this facility or is it all on the controller?

Any help at all on these units would be greatly appreciated.

Ive included a pic of the slave unit.

Many Thanks

Andy

post-10737-1191579462_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...

Have you tried the following:

Press & hold the Lock button.

Type 9090

Release the lock button.

This will bring up the system menu on the spot monitor so you should be able to set up the system.

Also, you could try pressing Lock & F6 to calibrate the slave controller.

If I can be of any more help, just give me a shout. :P

Have you tried the following:

Press & hold the Lock button.

Type 9090

Release the lock button.

This will bring up the system menu on the spot monitor so you should be able to set up the system.

Also, you could try pressing Lock & F6 to calibrate the slave controller.

If I can be of any more help, just give me a shout. :P

Hi there.

Right here goes.

To set a preset - Set the camera to the postion you want the preset to be, hold the preset button then press the number you wish to set, then relaese the preset button.

The tour setup is a bit more complex.

I will have to get back to you later with it.

Hi there.

Right here goes.

To set a preset - Set the camera to the postion you want the preset to be, hold the preset button then press the number you wish to set, then relaese the preset button.

The tour setup is a bit more complex.

I will have to get back to you later with it.

Tour setup-

This is to setup tour 1 to preset 1,2 and 3 with a pause time of 5 sec and move TO the preset at 50deg a sec.

Setup pesets 1 2 and 3 first

press 1 then hold autopan and keep it down until you have done the rest of it.

1 - preset - 5 - time - 5 - 0 - 180" - 2 - preset - 5 - time - 5 - 0 - 180" - 3 - preset - 5 - time - 5 - 0 - 180"

release the autopan button

(Hopefully you can see the pattern to this and mod it as needed.)

All you do then is press 1 autopan and of you go!

One more thing there is another menu if you hold down lock and press 4141 then release lock

• 6 months later...
Tour setup-

This is to setup tour 1 to preset 1,2 and 3 with a pause time of 5 sec and move TO the preset at 50deg a sec.

Setup pesets 1 2 and 3 first

press 1 then hold autopan and keep it down until you have done the rest of it.

1 - preset - 5 - time - 5 - 0 - 180" - 2 - preset - 5 - time - 5 - 0 - 180" - 3 - preset - 5 - time - 5 - 0 - 180"

release the autopan button

(Hopefully you can see the pattern to this and mod it as needed.)

All you do then is press 1 autopan and of you go!

One more thing there is another menu if you hold down lock and press 4141 then release lock

hi

hope u can help me

i have a vcl setup recording onto a ultrak dvr and im using coax telemetry to my domes

what i wanna do is access the menus to configure the domes, ive tried lock 9090 and lock 4040 and nuthing happens, ive plugged a spot monitor into my dvr and no menus show up there either

what am i doing wrong? should i plug a spot monitor into my matrix? why doesnt it just show the menu on my regular monitor?

hope somebody can help...please

ta

You do not need to press & hold the lock button whilst inputting code.

Main menu enter - 9090 Lock

Engineer menu enter - 4141 Lock

thanks but ive tried them codes, none work, all that happens is it beeps...my screen is connected to my dvr should i connect one to the matrix for me to see the menus?

ta

• 4 years later...

Cossikid Hello, I need your help, I also have a speed dome ptz model VC471V4 and stole the upper dome where there were collamento external cables that are connected with the internal televamera with the plug 7 tips I now have the male plug and do not know how to dispose of connections, what i lack is in this photo attached and i do not know how to connect the power supply wires 12VDC;-GND, VIDEO, VIDEO -, RS-485 A, B-, DATE, you may help me? Thanks in advance.

post-56006-0-52414600-1372802220_thumb.j

post-56006-0-41057800-1372802591_thumb.j

Cossikid Hello, I need your help, I also have a speed dome ptz model VC471V4 and stole the upper dome where there were collamento external cables that are connected with the internal televamera with the plug 7 tips I now have the male plug and do not know how to dispose of connections, what i lack is in this photo attached and i do not know how to connect the power supply wires 12VDC;-GND, VIDEO, VIDEO -, RS-485 A, B-, DATE, you may help me? Thanks in advance.

Cossikid Hello, I need your help, I also have a speed dome PTZ model VC471V4 I have stolen the upper dome where the cables were connected external joins with the internal camera in the middle of the piston pin male / female 7-pin. Now I have the male plug and do not know how to make the connections, what I miss in this photo is attached and I do not know how to connect the power supply wires 12VDC;-GND, VIDEO, VIDEO -, RS-485, B-, DATE , could you help me? Thanks in advance.

Archived