Security Installer Community

Two Alarm Keypads? - Help

ricool

Hi there after a bit of advice,

I'm doing a home diy alarm system using a texecom premier system, I am planning on having a prox. panel in the hall to set and un-set, i'm wondering whether to have another panel on the landing to set and un-set at night/morning - my fear is that over time we'll forget to set it at night or won't be bothered to go back downstairs - can this be done with two panels? - I presume yes.

And do you think this is a good idea? I plan to have a pir on the landing which will need to be activated when setting from the panel in the hall day time, and then to be ignored when set at night from the panel on the landing.

I want the system to be simple though - so just placing the fob by the proxy in hall or simple code entry on landing panel.

Sorry for rambling and if this seems daft, honest opinions welcome.

cheers...

The night set will require you to present fob, press part and then present the fob again, once programmed correctly. Its never a bad idea to have a keypad upstairs, if the alarm activates at night you can disarm and see where it has activated before venturing downstairs.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

The night set will require you to present fob, press part and then present the fob again, once programmed correctly. Its never a bad idea to have a keypad upstairs, if the alarm activates at night you can disarm and see where it has activated before venturing downstairs.

Breff, Is it possible to see what's activated it before silencing it?

Sorry for any hijack / sidetrack

Breff, Is it possible to see what's activated it before silencing it?

Sorry for any hijack / sidetrack

no,

all panels do not display the activation as part of our standards, as could give the game away if placed in view of a window.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

no,

all panels do not display the activation as part of our standards, as could give the game away if placed in view of a window.

regs

alan

Not sure I follow the logic. Surely the guy that broke in already knows where the alarm got activated? and silencing it lets him know that someone's coming.

I think I'd rather the alarm kept going while I checked that there wasn't anyone still in the house before killing the alarm.

Guest Dave the alarm man
I think I'd rather the alarm kept going while I checked that there wasn't anyone still in the house

not only do I keep the car key in the safe I've got a sound barrier ;)

Thanks for that its nice speaking to someone who knows the kit before I make my purchase, could I use the premier prox tag panel dowstairs - for just present fob to set and un set for day time/holidays etc.. and then use texecom speech/sms dialler keypad for the landing? - presume would be code input and part arm for night time. (basically what i'm saying is can you use a fob on one keypad and code on another - because I did read that if using the fob you can't use code).

It would be nice to have a communicator but hard to know whether to go for the texecom dialler or to wait and install a gsm module later on?

cheers

Archived