Security Installer Community

Texecom Premier 24 To Odyessy 3e (4 Core Cable)

GPC

Hi, this is my first post, I have upgraded my old system, my last task is to fit the Odyssey 3e and connect it to the premier 24 panel, the old system was wired with 4 core.

Question - how can I wire it up with the existing 4 core, upgrading to a 6/8 core is a major undertaking so not keen on that.

Can I leave out the tamper (if they can get to the bell box they will deserve to get in) and disable the tamper on the Texecom keypad.

My initial thought is to use the 4th core on the -ve strobe connection instead of the tamper circuit.

Thanks

Guest anguscanplay
Hi, this is my first post, I have upgraded my old system, my last task is to fit the Odyssey 3e and connect it to the premier 24 panel, the old system was wired with 4 core.

Question - how can I wire it up with the existing 4 core, upgrading to a 6/8 core is a major undertaking so not keen on that.

Can I leave out the tamper (if they can get to the bell box they will deserve to get in) and disable the tamper on the Texecom keypad.

My initial thought is to use the 4th core on the -ve strobe connection instead of the tamper circuit.

Thanks

Hi

try thinking more about what would make the strobe flash at the same time as the sounder - leaving the core still free for the tamper

Thanks for reply.

I think you are talking about linking the strobe to the sounder so when the sounder goes off the strobe comes on and vice versa.

But if I understand things correctly, when wiring it in the conventional way with 6 core, the strobe should continue after the sounder has timed out. I would prefer this option rather than using the fourth wire as the tamper.

Thanks again

You could conect the +ve for the bell unit to an output programmed to drop off in alarm so that the sounder opperates on it's own battery in alarm. Your strobe would only then flash after the bell time but would give you indication of an alarm afterwards.

Linking the strobe would normally be the prefered way though.

Guest anguscanplay
Thanks for reply.

I think you are talking about linking the strobe to the sounder so when the sounder goes off the strobe comes on and vice versa.

But if I understand things correctly, when wiring it in the conventional way with 6 core, the strobe should continue after the sounder has timed out. I would prefer this option rather than using the fourth wire as the tamper.

Thanks again

yep I was ( but its against my principle to tell you straight -LOL ) but its always been the case that the strobe should also stop after the bell ring time - noise abbatement acts etc so it really is the correct way to proceed. I liked the idea above but its comman for the battery up there to be stuffed which would mean no noise at all hmm not so good

If you want the strobe to carry on after the siren has stopped you can wire a relay into the strobe output and trip the siren and strobe off its output, the siren will stop because of its own built-in 15 minute cut off and the strobe will continue.

BEWARE... there is a problem with doing it this way though, if you have a genuine break in and they decide to come back later, the siren will not activate on the second intrusion......BEWARE

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Thanks all, seems like the experts recommend linking the strobe to the bell, never argue with an expert so thats what I'll do.

cheers and compliments to the those running the forum.

PS, I may be putting on a post regarding the Premier 24 > com2400 soon !

Archived