Security Installer Community

Can't Reset The Alarm

kevan

Help please. I have a Veritas alarm installed which I inherited from the previous owners. We have the security codes to set and reset the alarm. Today we had a power cut for a period of time which set off the alarm. Whilst the electricity was off we were not able to turn the alarm off. The alarm did go off after a time which I assume is normal, but any further movement in the house set it off again. The electricity is back on and the alarm is not ringing but the sensors are on, bleeping each time we move within a zone. The alarm is not going off, which I assume is a now a battery issue. Any advise on what I need to do would be appreciated. Inserting the different codes we have does not seem to work, and the system bleeping each time we move will get a little annoying!!!!

Help please. I have a Veritas alarm installed which I inherited from the previous owners. We have the security codes to set and reset the alarm. Today we had a power cut for a period of time which set off the alarm. Whilst the electricity was off we were not able to turn the alarm off. The alarm did go off after a time which I assume is normal, but any further movement in the house set it off again. The electricity is back on and the alarm is not ringing but the sensors are on, bleeping each time we move within a zone. The alarm is not going off, which I assume is a now a battery issue. Any advise on what I need to do would be appreciated. Inserting the different codes we have does not seem to work, and the system bleeping each time we move will get a little annoying!!!!

i don't know the panel but it sounds like you have turned on the chime feature. this means it chimes when it detects movement. i don't know how to turn it off but search the forums and i guarantee you will find it and a user manual. you will definitely need to get an engineer in to check it though. sorry it wasnt too helpfull.

wait 20 Min's and someone else will come along and help. but in the mean time, search it.

not chorlton though

Here is a User Manual for a Veritas 8, might not be the one you need but it is a start - look for 'Chime' on page 2

Veritas_8_User_manual_.pdf

Good luck

ps if this does not help, have another look at the panel, see if you can pin down the Veritas type, and you do need a new battery

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

i would have it looked at.

here is how i read it.

a good battery should have allowed normal operation of the alarm while the power was off.

you may have accidentally turned on the chime feature, but with the veritas, the zone have to be programmed to chime, not something you could do by accident.(older version may factory set e/e zone to chime)

also be aware that sometimes after power down the older veritas may well have reverted back to factory set codes, in user manual previously provided.

i am guessing now the reason why a couple of the sensors are bleeping, maybe because they are on the same circuit, the one that seems to be chimming.

hope this helps :)

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

Archived