Security Installer Community

Proximity Reader For Small Office

simonw

Can anyone recommend a proximity reader and associated kit for a small office? My requirements are:

Discreet & small reader - a digital keypad is not required, as entry/exit will be required quite often during the day for access to kitchen (cups of tea) and toilet. A keyfob would probably be less of a pain to use than a code. Maybe something like the Paxton P38, 38mm wide reader??

Rim release for surface mounting to the internal side of the door frame.

Push button release for exit from inside.

Slim power supply & control unit (if required) for fitting in confined space under the floorboards - there is only about 1.5 inches between the floorboards and the ceiling below.

About 6 users. Less than 10 anyway.

Reasonably inexpensive - less than about

Can anyone recommend a proximity reader and associated kit for a small office? My requirements are:

Discreet & small reader - a digital keypad is not required, as entry/exit will be required quite often during the day for access to kitchen (cups of tea) and toilet. A keyfob would probably be less of a pain to use than a code. Maybe something like the Paxton P38, 38mm wide reader??

Slim power supply & control unit (if required) for fitting in confined space under the floorboards - there is only about 1.5 inches between the floorboards and the ceiling below.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional

Guest Dave the alarm man
My two year old daughter did a quick search for you and returned this... :P

well it does look a bit fisher price :whistle:

b1a6_1.JPG

As for BIRD... use whatever latch meets your requirement...

the OP wants cheap tat........

Guest anguscanplay
what are you using the reader for? you failed to mention.

wants it cheap as chips , doing it himself , forgetting all about fire safety / dda etc must be for security reasons then :no: are you sure there will be enough free space round the transformer they can get quite hot

i would not recomend putting anything except cables under floor boards. without a doubt, you get what you pay for. i wouldnt buy 25 quid from e-bay for 20 quid.

damm thats another business idea stolen from under my feet

wants it cheap as chips , doing it himself , forgetting all about fire safety / dda etc must be for security reasons then :no: are you sure there will be enough free space round the transformer they can get quite hot

damm thats another business idea stolen from under my feet

I'm not sure that saying I want it as cheap as chips is necessarily correct. I referred to the ADI catalogue and found a number of electro-magnetic release systems around the

Archived