Security Installer Community

Optima Xl6

gwatson00

We have just moved into our new house which has an Optima XL6 alarm. We have the password/alarm code, but would obviously like to change it, and know if there is anything else we can set/use. Does anyone out there have an electronic copy of a manual, that they could send me?

On a second note, when we press the buttons to arm/disarm the alarm, it appears to stick/repeat (ie - we press a number once, but it makes the sound as if we pressed it two or three times). Does this mean that the number pad is wearing out?

Thanks

email - gwatson00@yahoo.co.uk

To change your code press PROG, enter your existing code, press 8, enter your new code, press RESET twice.

It does sound as if there may be a problem with your keypad, it may not be possible to get one anymore, others may advise.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

We have just moved into our new house which has an Optima XL6 alarm. We have the password/alarm code, but would obviously like to change it, and know if there is anything else we can set/use. Does anyone out there have an electronic copy of a manual, that they could send me?

On a second note, when we press the buttons to arm/disarm the alarm, it appears to stick/repeat (ie - we press a number once, but it makes the sound as if we pressed it two or three times). Does this mean that the number pad is wearing out?

Thanks

email - gwatson00@yahoo.co.uk

Is the key pad a 'plastic membrane OR rubbery buttons' ?

Never Teach Your Apprentice Everything You Know

Is the key pad a 'plastic membrane OR rubbery buttons' ?

xl6 is rubber, but the membrane behind them wares.

you would have been able to use the same back housing and fit a OPTIMA G3 LARGE but they stopped making them, although there are still a few about.

Archived