Security Installer Community

Texecom Speech Dialler Installation

gselliott

I have just bought a Texecom Speech Dialler (voice and text) to connect to my Texecom Veritas R8 Control Panel and i'm a bit confused as to how i connect it. I have manged to get the power and phone connection connected no problem but i'm a bit stuck as to where i connect it to on the control panel?

All I am wanting is to is send a message when there is an alarm activation. I'm assuming I use the Trigger inputs 1 - 4 on the Speech Dialler Panel - but not sure which one(s)? And i'm not sure where i connect this to on the main control panel i have read a few posts that sounds like I should use the A B C D terminals??

If anyone could give me some help to get in the right direction I would be greatful.

cheers!

The r8 has no digi outputs so you will have to connect it to the bell trigger, terminal B.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Guest anguscanplay
cheers for the reply, so am i right in thinking that it goes from Trigger 1 on the Dialler to B on the Panel?

go on, try it ( youll be fine ) - make sure you havnt got any belldelay programmed though

Guest anguscanplay
Excellent i'll give it a try tomorrow, bell delay???

just a little Angus joke to keep you from getting too cocky - if youv`e got one well see you back on here again soon - lol

Archived