Security Installer Community

Texecom Speech Dialler Installation

gselliott

I got the dialler connected up to the control panel and everything seems to be working fine - appart from one thing, the dialler will not send texts, it will dial and send voice messages no problem but it will not send SMS it dialls and sometimes connects but then fails to send after that.

Any ideas?

Guest anguscanplay
I got the dialler connected up to the control panel and everything seems to be working fine - appart from one thing, the dialler will not send texts, it will dial and send voice messages no problem but it will not send SMS it dialls and sometimes connects but then fails to send after that.

Any ideas?

there seems to be issues with sending texts on them all - do you really need it to ?

Check you SMS center number. My Texecom S/T dialer came set with 07860980480 for text messages and works through o2(i believe). It works perfectly sending texts although you will need to set it up not to text when the alarm sets or the bill will be huge.

On a side note I dont use the voice part of the dialer so dont know if that makes a difference to it working.

Check you SMS center number. My Texecom S/T dialer came set with 07860980480 for text messages and works through o2(i believe). It works perfectly sending texts although you will need to set it up not to text when the alarm sets or the bill will be huge.

that's a great point. you may wish to use it when you are on holiday though. check your key holder is setting your alarm or indeed coming into your house when they shouldn't.

Any ideas?

OK iv

Archived