Security Installer Community

Home Insurance Discounts Where An Alarm Is Installed

amateurandy

Hi folks,

There have been many comments about the link between alarm systems and insurance policies/premiums.

I've just received my home (contents) insurance renewal from Direct Line and it says:

"If you have a professionally installed and maintained alarm.....7.5% discount (bells only)... 12.5% (police response)....telephone for more details."

They also offer "discounts of up to 40%" on an alarm installation - again phone for details, anyone know who they use?

There are no specific conditions relating to the use of the alarm, but there is the standard all-encompassing "take all reasonable steps to prevent any loss....".

Guest anguscanplay
Hi folks,

There have been many comments about the link between alarm systems and insurance policies/premiums.

I've just received my home (contents) insurance renewal from Direct Line and it says:

"If you have a professionally installed and maintained alarm.....7.5% discount (bells only)... 12.5% (police response)....telephone for more details."

They also offer "discounts of up to 40%" on an alarm installation - again phone for details, anyone know who they use?

There are no specific conditions relating to the use of the alarm, but there is the standard all-encompassing "take all reasonable steps to prevent any loss....".

ring em up for a price ( would be interesting if its a genuine 40 % )

Hi folks,

Andy, did they ask what grade, environmental classification and notification method?

Andy, did they ask what grade, environmental classification and notification method?

What I quoted was pretty much all the paperwork said. It did say ring for more details, which I haven't done and don't intend to. Just thought it might be useful information as the topic crops up regularly in one way or another.

Hi folks,

You make no reference to the policy only the renewal! Not all insurance companies send out copies of the policy with the renewal.

Archived