Security Installer Community

Home Insurance Discounts Where An Alarm Is Installed

amateurandy

Guest anguscanplay
If you go on the internet mate a go on u-switch i think,you will get loads off.

i save 250 quid doing that

wasnt really about getting cheaper insurance - theres no point me ringing direct line , they know what I do for a living ( you might get away with it though )

regards

Angus

You make no reference to the policy only the renewal! Not all insurance companies send out copies of the policy with the renewal.
OK maybe not specifically, but the final (relevant) comment I made was about points that were actually in the policy (I did read it and they did provide a new one) and would not realistically have been in any renewal letter. banghead
wasnt really about getting cheaper insurance - theres no point me ringing direct line , they know what I do for a living ( you might get away with it though )regardsAngus
It's always a bonus when someone doesn't lose the plot! :whistle:

When you get your renewal from Direct Line, go onto their web site and get a quote - no need to tell them you have an existing policy with them. Then compare the two prices.

You'll find the new quote should be around 25% cheaper, all down to the internet offer for 'new customers'.

The Direct Line policy usually stipulates the Alarm system is maintained by an acredited company.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional

When you get your renewal from Direct Line, go onto their web site and get a quote - no need to tell them you have an existing policy with them. Then compare the two prices.

You'll find the new quote should be around 25% cheaper, all down to the internet offer for 'new customers'.

The Direct Line policy usually stipulates the Alarm system is maintained by an acredited company.

I did the online quote trick a few years back for my car then phoned them - worked a treat! :rolleyes:

House insurance (this is just contents) isn't really enough to make it worth the effort, especially as I already get multiple discounts on it anyway for other reasons.

The word they use re alarm companies, as I quoted, is "professional", not "accredited". But they do cover themselves by saying "phone for details" so at that stage they could (and should?) be a lot more specific.

I did the online quote trick a few years back for my car then phoned them - worked a treat! :rolleyes:

House insurance (this is just contents) isn't really enough to make it worth the effort, especially as I already get multiple discounts on it anyway for other reasons.

The word they use re alarm companies, as I quoted, is "professional", not "accredited". But they do cover themselves by saying "phone for details" so at that stage they could (and should?) be a lot more specific.

This topic came up some time ago as a member here had problems with a claim as they were using small print to refuse the claim or reduce there liability,they had clauses that window locks had to be proved to be locked--doors with 5lever locks had to be proved to be locked and the alarm had to be proved to be set at the time of the loss!!! I checked when my renewal came up and it had similar small print--i told them that i had removed my alarm /window locks and 5lever door locks--basically living in an open barn with minimal security--it only increased my premium by 12 pounds but removed almost all excusses to refuse or lower payouts.

Reguards Paul.

Archived