Security Installer Community

Gardtec Panel Problem - Displaying "en"

TrickyRicky

Hi all,

I have a Gardtec 581 panel I think - it looks like this :

581.jpg

It came with the house I recently bought, and I have the code and instructions.

Anyway, we used the alarm for a couple of months with no problems until one day when I looked at the (unarmed) panel and it was displaying "EN". Entering the code would bring up a message saying something like "Contact installer and give them the following code (it then gave a 4-digit code)". However, having got the system through the house purchase I don't know who the installer is.

To rectify the problem I turned the power off to the alarm, took the cover off and disconnected the battery (which set the alarm off); upon reconnection the system was fine. However this only lasted a few days, and now the situation I am in is that every few days or so I have to perform the same reset.

Is it the panel causing the problem or one of the sensors? If it's the panel, is there anything I can do to resolve the problem? Could I replace it myself completely like-for-like with another of the same?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Hi all,

I have a Gardtec 581 panel I think - it looks like this :

581.jpg

It came with the house I recently bought, and I have the code and instructions.

Anyway, we used the alarm for a couple of months with no problems until one day when I looked at the (unarmed) panel and it was displaying "EN". Entering the code would bring up a message saying something like "Contact installer and give them the following code (it then gave a 4-digit code)". However, having got the system through the house purchase I don't know who the installer is.

To rectify the problem I turned the power off to the alarm, took the cover off and disconnected the battery (which set the alarm off); upon reconnection the system was fine. However this only lasted a few days, and now the situation I am in is that every few days or so I have to perform the same reset.

Is it the panel causing the problem or one of the sensors? If it's the panel, is there anything I can do to resolve the problem? Could I replace it myself completely like-for-like with another of the same?

Thanks in advance for any help!

hi ricky,

from the fault description might be a simple battery fault but i need to warn you changing it could present a hazard from shock as you have to open the lid and there is lethal mains voltage available in there.

if you remove the mains power at the spur, the alarm should just offer Pf in the display to show "Power Fault", if the display go's out and/or the external siren sounds then the battery is most likely the problem (could be the lead). even so if no external signaling attached then you should be able to insert your master code to reset it.

i recommend an engineers visit to have the system properly assessed and checked out against your needs, and get advice of any improvements that could be of benefit in its use, or improved security. as with changing the door keys your advised to have the codes cleared an new ones programmed.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

hi ricky,

from the fault description might be a simple battery fault but i need to warn you changing it could present a hazard from shock as you have to open the lid and there is lethal mains voltage available in there.

if you remove the mains power at the spur, the alarm should just offer Pf in the display to show "Power Fault", if the display go's out and/or the external siren sounds then the battery is most likely the problem (could be the lead). even so if no external signaling attached then you should be able to insert your master code to reset it.

i recommend an engineers visit to have the system properly assessed and checked out against your needs, and get advice of any improvements that could be of benefit in its use, or improved security. as with changing the door keys your advised to have the codes cleared an new ones programmed.

regs

alan

sounds more like anti-code to me.

Guest anguscanplay
sounds more like anti-code to me.

it is - the service timer has kicked in ( we had a similar post recently )

you`ll either need to contact the installer or another local firm BUT the codes may be locked in which case it`ll need a replacment unit

service timers are OK until an incident like this happens, assuming the installer got paid originally he should disable it for you ( will probably um and ahh first ) overwise its one to chalk down to experiance

angus

it is - the service timer has kicked in ( we had a similar post recently )

you`ll either need to contact the installer or another local firm BUT the codes may be locked in which case it`ll need a replacment unit

service timers are OK until an incident like this happens, assuming the installer got paid originally he should disable it for you ( will probably um and ahh first ) overwise its one to chalk down to experiance

angus

thats a far better call, but still think it restores to 'as was' when toe power is re-applied

regs

alan

thats a far better call, but still think it restores to 'as was' when toe power is re-applied

regs

alan

lol, both are far better then battery fault, you lemon :D

anti-code/service timer whatever same problem. the service timer can cut out again and last for a few more set/unsets if you drop all power, so thats where i would edge my bets. ;)

lol, both are far better then battery fault, you lemon :D

anti-code/service timer whatever same problem. the service timer can cut out again and last for a few more set/unsets if you drop all power, so thats where i would edge my bets. ;)

maybe,

G581 depite being Gardtec, was/is not my favourite panel as imo too limited for my market area, hated if it had to go in a restricted area like cupboard, the sloping away lid made the keypad display hard to see.

either way he needs an engineer to clear it up, so the advice is still very sound, and as Angus is bound to agree the battery may need changing :) .

(so your outnumbered Aaron ;) )

regs

alan

Guest anguscanplay

send me a message with the code and I`ll give you another fortnights grace only doing it once though

thats a far better call, but still think it restores to 'as was' when toe power is re-appliedregsalan

some do some dont , but it would need the clock to go past 0000 to trip the timer out then it would give a week / maybe two`s notice before locking out - plenty of time to get it sorted

send me a message with the code and I`ll give you another fortnights grace only doing it once though

some do some dont , but it would need the clock to go past 0000 to trip the timer out then it would give a week / maybe two`s notice before locking out - plenty of time to get it sorted

Yes this is a service timer that has been programmed by the installer. We have loads of these around my area as a local company locks the code in then you have to call them out for a over the top pricey service.

You restore the panel and a few days to a week it gives the same fault.

You could contact the installer that fitted the system and tell him to unlock his engineering code or the only other option is to have the control panel replaced but try the first option first.

You have a good panel but some companies will not unlock it when another takeover happens but we do.

Maybe a cheaper option would be a panel and RKP changeover.

Hop this helps

Willie

!

Archived