Security Installer Community

Gardtec Panel Problem - Displaying "en"

TrickyRicky

cheers for all the advice everyone.

What are these service timers you're referring to? Built in timers which cause this situation and mean a service after a certain amount of time? If so, that's a bit sly isn't it??

Just to be clear, if I do the power cycle it clears the problem and makes the system usable for about 4 days or so.

Edit : just seen the latest post, cheers.

Would I be able to buy a new panel and fit it myself like-for-like? If I purchased an identical unit off the internet would it come with comprehensive enough instructions to set codes, etc.?

Ta

What are these service timers you're referring to? Built in timers which cause this situation and mean a service after a certain amount of time? If so, that's a bit sly isn't it??

Just to be clear, if I do the power cycle it clears the problem and makes the system usable for about 4 days or so.

Would I be able to buy a new panel and fit it myself like-for-like? If I purchased an identical unit off the internet would it come with comprehensive enough instructions to set codes, etc.?

Ta

i would get an engineer mate, they maybe able to sort it if the installer has not locked the code. if not they can swap the unit for a better, more modern set up.

hi ricky,

from the fault description might be a simple battery fault but i need to warn you changing it could present a hazard from shock as you have to open the lid and there is lethal mains voltage available in there.

if you remove the mains power at the spur, the alarm should just offer Pf in the display to show "Power Fault", if the display go's out and/or the external siren sounds then the battery is most likely the problem (could be the lead). even so if no external signaling attached then you should be able to insert your master code to reset it.

i recommend an engineers visit to have the system properly assessed and checked out against your needs, and get advice of any improvements that could be of benefit in its use, or improved security. as with changing the door keys your advised to have the codes cleared an new ones programmed.

regs

alan

Sorry Alan! Still bad advice to a non installer! If YOU'RE not completely sure read the manual before posting! :Whip:

Never Teach Your Apprentice Everything You Know

Ta

Well to be honest if the owner brfore you respected the installed and stuck with him then they would want the alarm serviced. Since they have moved then it is up to the new home owners to get a company in.

TBH if you cannot contact the old installer then get an upgrade while going on a service contract.

cheers

!

Archived