Security Installer Community

Licences Needed To Install Cctv?

photys

Guest anguscanplay
You need a licence to install in Ireland.

Clicky

:hmm: thats twice today I've been wrong...... :-|

Yes indeed CCTV does indeed come under the PSA

really - they brought it in the month since I got flayed alive for saying the same thing then ?

:hmm: thats twice today I've been wrong...... :-|

Yes indeed CCTV does indeed come under the PSA

Being a great believer in licencing for the CCTV industry, although I think it is a long way away in the UK, I am interested in how this is going to be achieved.

Looking at the Eire PSA web site it mentions CCTV installers, but only lays down the required standard for Intruder Alarm Installers.

Does this mean they haven't started licensing CCTV installers yet?

Ilkie

Being a great believer in licencing for the CCTV industry, although I think it is a long way away in the UK, I am interested in how this is going to be achieved.

Looking at the Eire PSA web site it mentions CCTV installers, but only lays down the required standard for Intruder Alarm Installers.

Does this mean they haven't started licensing CCTV installers yet?

Ilkie

Firstly welcome back Angus, your wit was indeed missed.

Id like to clear up the Eire side of things. You DO NOT require a licence to install CCTV in Ireland. I am an installer and have spent hours on the phone to the relevent people. Yes the PSA are bringing it in but since they are a tad slow Im told its 6 months to a year from being brought in. Until then install away. You are only required to have a licence for door and dog security, money transit and intruder alarms install and intruder alarm monitoring. To set up a cctv monitoring company you also do not need a licence. You can get an NSAI licence but this is used temp while the PSA decide what their at.

Fla

Eoghan O'Flaherty

Fusion Networks

Southern Ireland

info@fusionnetworks.ie

VOICE VIDEO DATA NETWORKS

I would get that in writing of them as I seem to get different answers each time I ring them.

As of August you will also need to have SR40. I found this out the hard way

its in writing dude on the website, also from nsai they are very annoyed with the psa at the moment. As of only a couple of weeks ago it was all still in the process of being finalised with no due date. Not only this but they can not introduce licencing without public advertising, notifiacation on the website etc etc. They people i talked to said to just keep checking back in, very professional eh!!!!

Fla

Eoghan O'Flaherty

Fusion Networks

Southern Ireland

info@fusionnetworks.ie

VOICE VIDEO DATA NETWORKS

Archived