Security Installer Community

Abacus 8r - Bad..set Trbl Power

fishcake

Hi guys,

I have a DA Systems Abacus 8R installed in my house approx 10 years ago. The engineer who installed the system is no longer reachable.

My problem is that the system keeps indicating power problems, It sounds all internal loudspeakers approx every 5 mins. I silence by typing the code in. Also every time I try and set the system it displays the following message:

Bad..SET TRBL

Power

This surely indicates some sort of power issue ive tested the mains supply to the unit and all looks ok. I

Hi guys,

I have a DA Systems Abacus 8R installed in my house approx 10 years ago. The engineer who installed the system is no longer reachable.

My problem is that the system keeps indicating power problems, It sounds all internal loudspeakers approx every 5 mins. I silence by typing the code in. Also every time I try and set the system it displays the following message:

Bad..SET TRBL

Power

This surely indicates some sort of power issue ive tested the mains supply to the unit and all looks ok. I

believe it or not, i am just back from a call out for this exact fault. battery, change it.

cheers Guys Thank you, :-)

Sorry to be a pain but I have a Power Sonic PS1230 12V 3.4 Amp hour battery, would that do the job. Currently installed is a YUASA NP 2.8-12 12V 2.8 Amp hour. Does anyone know if they still make that model.

After I install the new battery im assuming that the TAMP which was caused by replacing the battery in the main unit should clear using the master code.

Had to disconnect the loudspeakers so that I could write this one.

Fishcake

cheers Guys Thank you, :-)

Sorry to be a pain but I have a Power Sonic PS1230 12V 3.4 Amp hour battery, would that do the job. Currently installed is a YUASA NP 2.8-12 12V 2.8 Amp hour. Does anyone know if they still make that model.

After I install the new battery im assuming that the TAMP which was caused by replacing the battery in the main unit should clear using the master code.

Had to disconnect the loudspeakers so that I could write this one.

Fishcake

that battery is fine [powersonic] just do as you said all will be fine.

**be aware blah blagh blah 240v inside blah blah might die blah blah.

Archived