Security Installer Community

Control Panel Advise Required.

camman

Gents,

Can i please ask for your views as to which panels to use for medium intruder jobs (25-75 zones), at present we are using the Gardtec range - 816 metal/595 range, but to be honest they are not the most user friendly - especially carrying out a user reset after alarm.

I have looked in my little black book of contacts and have been recommended Aritech Advisor CD95 or Galaxy.

We want to use a panel that is not only engineer friendly but user friendly as well.

Your views will be appreciated as i am looking to use one brand throughout all installs.

I've just stumbled across this Forum and am impressed by the general help and info you can find.

Regards

James.

Guest anguscanplay

Hi James

I`m suprized with the comment on the gardtec ( we use it exclusivly ) easy enough to turn on , turn off, to reset ? but the galaxy gives me nightmares

Angus ( ask FCE for a link to the trade application )

Gents,

Can i please ask for your views as to which panels to use for medium intruder jobs (25-75 zones), at present we are using the Gardtec range - 816 metal/595 range, but to be honest they are not the most user friendly - especially carrying out a user reset after alarm.

I have looked in my little black book of contacts and have been recommended Aritech Advisor CD95 or Galaxy.

We want to use a panel that is not only engineer friendly but user friendly as well.

Your views will be appreciated as i am looking to use one brand throughout all installs.

I've just stumbled across this Forum and am impressed by the general help and info you can find.

Regards

James.

tbh, we are the same, gardtec only on new installs, but what happened when you went above 44 zones? you would have needed an 872.

as for user friendly controls i think gardtec are ok, i have seen better reset procedures, but they are still very easy, and can say that we have never had an issue with them. [the firm have used them for 10 yrs plus]

although i do like the premier range, they have spent i bit more time on the plastics, which look much better then the gardtec IMO.

Guest anguscanplay
LOL no u havent thought u always were a communist lol

you just call me " comrade angus" then ? I even named my eldest Margaret ( he`ll get over it one day )

LOL bet he hates ya for it

Long Live angus our battery and 12v saftey mod and solid communist

All comments in this post are my own views and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer

Guest Dave the alarm man

would I be right in assuming the CD ungraded hence the ATS?

Gents,

Regards

James.

hi Jmes,

can't say i have any customers ever having probs with customer reseting, after all they just enter any or a master use code (depending on programming) once nothing happens twice "do you want to set?" as easy as.

i'd suggest have a look at thier ProSys as it can do 128 zones and access control, and soon to be upgraded to 256 zone, has a very impressive spec,

like others imo the Texacom has far better looks, but i've not used them apart from early models that were just plain ugly.

as a sort of 'straw pole' look at the designated panel maker forums, and how many tech issues raised in each, draw your own conclusions from there

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived