Security Installer Community

Adding Master Blaster To Gardtec 816 Panel

andymac

Hi all,

I've added a master blaster to my system and currently it is linked to the bell output on the contol panel, the problem is the bell is set to ring for 20 mins, is there anyway i can make it only run for say 5 mins as i think this would suffice and i dont want to upset the neighbours too much!! lol.

Thanks in advance,

Andy

Supply the master Blaster with a 230v supply and feed the relay from bell + and Bell Trigger this will solve your problem

Supply the master Blaster with a 230v supply and feed the relay from bell + and Bell Trigger this will solve your problem

i would think thats how it is already driven.

you can reduce the bell ring time or buy ready made timer boards RS Components, Maplins or just about any decentsecurity suppliers. you need a 'delay to action' type so the bell sounds starts the timer, after 5 mins siren stops but bells carry on for what should be only 10 - 15 minutes.

word from the wise, should your system develope a fault and continue to ring for over 20 min you can get smacked up to 5k for noise pollution. so if you are not really capable get in an engineer to sort it properly or you could be saving a few quid and end up being fined.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Is your version of 816 fitted with a separate programmable clean contact relay? Use this to switch the mains siren for your required length of time.

I went up into the attic...I found a Stradavarius & a Picasso. Unfortunately.....

Stradavarius couldn't paint, and Picasso made a shocking fiddle.

My Facebook page...http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=1279556853&ref=name

Is your version of 816 fitted with a separate programmable clean contact relay? Use this to switch the mains siren for your required length of time.

i would add please do this via a contactor (heavy duty) preferably supplied and installed by a qualified sparks

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest anguscanplay
i would add please do this via a contactor (heavy duty) preferably supplied and installed by a qualified sparks

regs

alan

he didnt mean switch the mains through the panel - did he ?

Archived