Security Installer Community

Wiring 2 Sabs Off Of 1 Paniel

davetherave69

Hi All,

I have 2 install 2 SAB's off of 1 Texecom veritas control paniel I have a seperate power supply and Im not shaw how 2 wire both together with the separet power supply. Do you take the 12v, 0v from the power supply and the 0v triger from the Texecom paniel and do you wire up the tampers in series as well Thanks. :rolleyes:

Hi All,

I have 2 install 2 SAB's off of 1 Texecom veritas control paniel I have a seperate power supply and Im not shaw how 2 wire both together with the separet power supply. Do you take the 12v, 0v from the power supply and the 0v triger from the Texecom paniel and do you wire up the tampers in series as well Thanks. :rolleyes:

no, not really all you need to do, a tad trickier than that as you need to have a common + source to the controls (for the neg bell drive to return to ;) ).

if yo can post the bells used this will greatly simplify the advice you may receive, but you will need to connect the +ve of the psu (via a 1 amp fuse please) to the +ve of the panel.

for simplicity, you will also need a 12 volt relay to interface the tamper to the control panel

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Follow the instructions that came with your sounder for wiring two bells together but take the positive supply from your external PSU. Make sure you link the negative (-) connection on the control panel and PSU together.

but you will need to connect the +ve of the psu (via a 1 amp fuse please) to the +ve of the panel.

regs

alan

:no: Don't common the positives, just the negs!

Trade Member

Follow the instructions that came with your sounder for wiring two bells together but take the positive supply from your external PSU. Make sure you link the negative (-) connection on the control panel and PSU together.

:no: Don't common the positives, just the negs!

the siren is driven by a negative from the panel, so you need to common the pos's to get a return path for it (if you are using th psu to drive the sirens). if you common the negs then your using the panel to drive the sirens but the psu to charge amd hold them off.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

the siren is driven by a negative from the panel, so you need to common the pos's to get a return path for it (if you are using th psu to drive the sirens). if you common the negs then your using the panel to drive the sirens but the psu to charge amd hold them off.

regs

alan

Not true Alan, just common the negatives. Try it.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Hi All,

If you can power both bells of the panel and install one as an SCB unit so it draws its power when in alarm of its own battery.

Archived