Security Installer Community

Dialler For Texecom Veritas R8

gselliott

real engineers would know how untrue that comment is but we also get user generated false alarms - maybe they like to know the cats got in the house

wierd how you cant post without an insult - suprised it got out of mod preview purgetory

As a sometime IT developer I learned (in my early days) to realise that "user error" as we liked to call it was in most cases an excuse made by us for not adequately allowing for normal human behaviour with its many quirks and unpredictabilities. :rolleyes:

wondering why you would want a dialler anyway

hate the things

rush home to a false alarm :no:

regards

Angus

gives you an earlier chance to phone the insurance co for a claims form :whistle:

imo they serve a good purpose, if the insurance don't request arc and the client don't want the higher r&m cost and inconvenience of resets.

typical low risk 3 up 2 down owner go's on holiday, no comms so ask key-holders to check the gaff every couple of days. not the best arrangement as most intrusions are done and dusted in 90 seconds.

if a dialer is fitted as it calls the key holders the the regular check visits can be less if at all for distant key-holders, this then lowers the accidental operations and so neighbour annoyance levels (and so level of complacency) caused by their mistakes.

my favourite one?

the mum go's in to water the plants and has long finger nails extensions she fitted while her hubby drove to the house, so she jams the latex keys behind the cover on an Ultimate rkp, phones me and i advise use the landing keypad what happens? - did the self same thing :rolleyes: . i can't see this obviously i'm thinking comms failure, so an 100 mile round trip, was a nice day for a ride on the motorbike though, and got me out of decorating B)

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

real engineers would know how untrue that comment is but we also get user generated false alarms - maybe they like to know the cats got in the house

wierd how you cant post without an insult - suprised it got out of mod preview purgetory

I would fit pet sensors if pets were a problem.

Archived