Security Installer Community

Dialler For Texecom Veritas R8

gselliott

I'm after an auto dialler to connect to my Texecom Veritas R8 control Panel can anyone suggest a suitable dialler that would work with my panel? How difficult are they to connect?

I was looking at the one in this link below is this any good??

http://www.alertelectrical.com/Burglar-Int...ller-HYL004.asp

cheers

gselliott

not to good imo. they were an unbranded model that were being sold to the highest bidder, i belive GJD have slapped their name on em now.

for i nice simple dialler i would go with the gardtec.

click for spec

not to good imo. they were an unbranded model that were being sold to the highest bidder, i belive GJD have slapped their name on em now.

for i nice simple dialler i would go with the gardtec.

click for spec

simple?

granted the wiring is, but programming is a bit tough and vexing for the uninitiated to understand imo.

GJD is a respected name, although re-badged 3rd party item, so although reasonably basic from the specification GJD tend to represent good quality to most trade installers.

Texicom do their own very good but more sophisticated and more expensive dialer and in 2 versions, dearer one having text messaging to you mobile, well worth the extra dosh - again imo

so depends what your spend and/or risk is.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

simple?

granted the wiring is, but programming is a bit tough and vexing for the uninitiated to understand imo.

GJD is a respected name, although re-badged 3rd party item, so although reasonably basic from the specification GJD tend to represent good quality to most trade installers.

Texicom do their own very good but more sophisticated and more expensive dialer and in 2 versions, dearer one having text messaging to you mobile, well worth the extra dosh - again imo

so depends what your spend and/or risk is.

regs

alan

the gardtec is easy to prog with the flow chart in the manual.

i agree gjd is normally good stuff, but since when did they make stuff like this? i know for a fact it is unbranded tat as i was offered alot of them via the importer :yes: they are not the best shall we say. he also used to sell them on ebay before they got this deal.

i put them in the same bracket as all the chinese cctv on ebay.

the gardtec is easy to prog with the flow chart in the manual.

i agree gjd is normally good stuff, but since when did they make stuff like this? i know for a fact it is unbranded tat as i was offered alot of them via the importer :yes: they are not the best shall we say. he also used to sell them on ebay before they got this deal.

i put them in the same bracket as all the chinese cctv on ebay.

did you actually set one up or just look?

i'd be interested in the programming strategy used. personally i think even with the flow chart Gardtecs offering it is still hard work for the non engineer to understand, to the point i stopped using them in favour of the Texicom unit as i got fed up being asked to 'pop in' by clients to reprogram the numbers or messages, been on holiday this week and have 2 such calls waiting :huh: .

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

did you actually set one up or just look?

i'd be interested in the programming strategy used. personally i think even with the flow chart Gardtecs offering it is still hard work for the non engineer to understand, to the point i stopped using them in favour of the Texicom unit as i got fed up being asked to 'pop in' by clients to reprogram the numbers or messages, been on holiday this week and have 2 such calls waiting :huh: .

regs

alan

i must admit i didn't, they looked that **** and were offered to me so cheap it put me off, and i mean cheap.

as for number re-prog

wondering why you would want a dialler anyway

hate the things

rush home to a false alarm :no:

regards

Angus

Good engineers dont get false alarms unless its a user error.

The sd1 is a good autodialler .ADE( honeywell ) have a good one out,quite cheap and relatively easy to programme

Guest anguscanplay
Good engineers dont get false alarms unless its a user error.

The sd1 is a good autodialler .ADE( honeywell ) have a good one out,quite cheap and relatively easy to programme

real engineers would know how untrue that comment is but we also get user generated false alarms - maybe they like to know the cats got in the house

wierd how you cant post without an insult - suprised it got out of mod preview purgetory

Archived