Security Installer Community

Ghost In The Machine !

look at old posts and try to make sense of them, impossible. i remember a post that was more like a blog. some chap (may still be a member) had started up on his own. the post started with him thinking about it to him doing well i think. some similar posts still exist and maybe parts of this one but not the full thing.

having said all that, its not my site and i dont contribute to its running so if the owner (dave) thinks its fine, its fine.

TBH I agree with ya but just like at the zoo when it says "Don't feed or Tease the animals" it's SO much fun to do! :lol:

Never Teach Your Apprentice Everything You Know

Guest anguscanplay

I think the mods " cut and paste " them to read but forget to put them back ( either that or they really are that slow )

" hey can I have my post no 1284 back now i( the one that starts - did you really just ask me what would happen ...................) if you`ve finished with it please "

Angus

no need to cut and past, as the post can be made invisible and then discussed for action or not.

when a post is lifted or edited for whatever reason, the missing content makes further posts seem disjointed, imo just cant really be avoided if your going to have any sort of a moderated forum.

personally and others try to inform the member/s why action was deemed, but that often leads to copious appeal in pm's which i'd say 85% are clearly covered within the forum rules, simply put there is just so many hours in the day to keep repeat them. naturally the more 'serious' (for want of better word) are obviously dealt with quicker.

trust me the amount the mods get through that nobody see's is truly astonishing, from pm's, private advisory or gentle warnings to reading long posts like mine :rolleyes: . it's just so time consuming how many mods post in the forums in a general discussion? so it might seem dead easy they have to try and treat everyones point of view the best and as fairly as they can, that is not so simple as no mod i know of is related to soloman. face itm if they were that wise they never would have become moderators in the first place, so they do the best they can with the tools they have.

not all the mods get on with each other, having worked on the 'inside' i do have total respect for what they all try to do, and the sheer effort each puts in on our behalf, and thats without any exception.

don't want a dictatorship, but i think like any team they need and deserve our members full support, and well before bitching is thought about.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

No mystery the off topic posts made were removed as they were only to flame the original poster or were off topic.

Its been said before if you dont want to help in the public forums then dont.

The Mod team will continue to remove posts that lambast a poster or go off topic, the site owner has told us all to do so without making refference to the people who made them.

We have a clear set of rules - The reasoning needs to refer directly to those rules (as I'm sure they often do already)

I did suggest before and I will raise the idea again.

All moderator actions need to have a 'copy & paste' reason for the action being taken.

That way the moderators don't have to worry about writing out a long explanation of actions taken, they can just copy paste the relevant reasoning from a sticky in the mod forum so that the users are given the applicable reason and the mods are allowed to get on with their duties.

It would take less time to set something like that up than it will to have this same conversation 50 times. (As seems to be the way this has been heading and will continue to head for some time).

'J

btn_myprofile_160x33.png

Guest anguscanplay
No mystery the off topic posts made were removed as they were only to flame the original poster or were off topic.

Its been said before if you dont want to help in the public forums then dont.

The Mod team will continue to remove posts that lambast a poster or go off topic, the site owner has told us all to do so without making refference to the people who made them.

lol - its needs saying then that if you only want to start topics in the public forum to flame the existing members ...............

I`ll leave you to fill in the gaps

regards

Angus

Guest Cerberus NI

Lambasting (isn't that a cheap fizzy wine??) is okay in the trade and unless it gets real nasty I think it makes for good discussion.

However,you wouldn't expect to be laughed at if you walked in off the street and asked for advice in a retailers store - now what they say between each other in the staff room (or trade area) when you leave is a different matter!

However,it should be made clear to those "guilty" of taking the mick (in a non-inflammatory way) via PM.

Guest anguscanplay
Lambasting (isn't that a cheap fizzy wine??) is okay in the trade and unless it gets real nasty I think it makes for good discussion.

However,you wouldn't expect to be laughed at if you walked in off the street and asked for advice in a retailers store - now what they say between each other in the staff room (or trade area) when you leave is a different matter!

However,it should be made clear to those "guilty" of taking the mick (in a non-inflammatory way) via PM.

evening cerb

you seen those signs in shops something like " our staff deserve to work in a safe enviroment ...... " TBH it cuts both ways but were really all talking about marky thingy here - the guy wasnt / isnt a customer and if it was my shop it would be either that device that only yobs can hear or the baseball bat grr hmm lol

Archived