Security Installer Community

Camera White Out On Av760 Dvr

Russell

had a call out this morning to a client who inherited a 4 camera system on his shop. one of the pictures from a camera was completely washed out in white. the other cameras' pictures were all fine. I tested the washed out camera (i.e. picture is just totally white) and connected it up to my other dvr. the camera seemed to be working fine on my dvr, no attention needed. but everytime it's connected to this AV TECH AV760 dvr, the camera picture is completely white. have tried changing the system setup (ie. colour controls on dvr, uninstall connections, reconnect, put it different bnc socket) but to no avail.

any ideas what to do? will go again tomorrow to try change it. the camera with this dvr just doesn't match, but the client has seen the camera is working and that it is fine for all the other cameras.

why not change this cam to another channel? maybe this channel of the DVR is faulty?

yeah i tried that, the channel is ok. the camera seems to be ok, when i connect it to another dvr. just on this dvr this one camera is completely white, while an identical camera works fine on another channel.

they came out fine. it's very confusing. the camera works (on other dvrs), the channel works for all other cameras. have checked and tried power supply, cable, light settings etc.

it's another one of these cheap AV Tech dvrs that individual's are buying themselves for about

Don't expect you have but if you've got an Oscilloscope check the cameras video output it should be 1volt peak to peak, as it's a safe guess you haven't got one you'll have to believe me :whistle: : it's probably due to the signal from the camera some dvr's are very sensitive and if you haven't got a true 1volt peak to peak they won't show the picture.

IMO replace the camera and keep the suspect one for a repair job for example.

Never Teach Your Apprentice Everything You Know

It is quite strange. But i met some strange thing too, even now i dont know why

i got a speed dome. it stopped working suddenly after a lightening.

i checked the cables, power supply, dome, cam...

nothing seemed to be wrong

then i installed it again, powered it on

it worked brilliant. almost 1 year passed, it still worked in perfect condition!

:rolleyes:

Please read the forum rules on advertising before reposting you signature. also your image is far to big.

hi mate dont meen to sound stupid but is the chanel terminated(75ohm)or have they looped through and not terminated the end device,and is there any thing teed off because that will affect the p to p voltagehave hade some cameras not work on DVR's before because of poor p to p voltage. Ps you can buy a peek to peek meter it does help setting up cameras when you get poor pictures.

TVX systems what a good idea by the time the picture had downloaded the intruder would have been long gone.
SFE.Solutions security systems

hi mate dont meen to sound stupid but is the chanel terminated(75ohm)or have they looped through and not terminated the end device,and is there any thing teed off because that will affect the p to p voltagehave hade some cameras not work on DVR's before because of poor p to p voltage. Ps you can buy a peek to peek meter it does help setting up cameras when you get poor pictures.

beat me to it, try the 75 ohm switch on the dvr if there, if not fit one.

Archived