Security Installer Community

Whats The Daftest/funniest Thing Your Apprentice Has Done

Metal plate to clamp the door around the lock, increases the door strength by about 1000% around the lock.

Some examples. http://www.locksonline.co.uk/acatalog/Lockguards.html

We used to make them before every other git started to manufacture them!

You learn something new on here everyday, nice site thanks.

Customers Love us, Intruders Hate us.

Clearly the oil business still doing well at that end of Wales.

Nah it's Sheep in this area, oils down the bottom end. Oh God with you lot should I have said that? :)

Customers Love us, Intruders Hate us.

No locksmith or expert there then.

hey, remmember one thing before you knock me, i'd not employ this idiot but hmmm! North London Bounds green arae - it wasn it YOU by any chance was i then?

"Move the lockcase???? WTF and weaken the door.

Why not move the striking plate in the door frame which can take a bit of extra cutting out and making good.

Technical observation here, when you mortise a door for a lock you weaken the surrounding area hence the makers recommend a "snug fit". Chiselling out more timber makes it worse."

well this is where you ave made an assumption - the seriously wrong one mechanically and practically for this situation. the door was a very expensive solid beech sourced from Italy of all places, and why all the fuss was made when the 2nd one went tits up.

the frame was original of some other wood but in much weaker condition, as being original in an older 1910's house had other previous locks and subsequent patch repairs made (i think why a new door was installed due to warping). The frame was also fairly thin with glass panels either side - so, without even seeing it you as an expert locksmith wold advise blindly anyone to remove even more material from this frame? if so then your a much braver or foolhardy man than me gungerdin.

Another reason why Lock guards were made and used!

you said it WTF? not required and/or ordered by the client and out of the alarm co's remit.

One more reason I know there was no locksmith or any carpenter of any degree there, that is after fitting the lockcase you mark off onto the frame the bolt position before cutting in the striking plate.

i hope you exclude m here, i was Chubb Trained so otherwise i'd agree, but i did not do ANY of the lock fitting attempts, i was actually refused in favour of the so called locksmith so whats yor point?

i do respect your knowledge which in general about locks, grills and safes etc, but when it comes down to Chubb locks used with alarm systems, and what goes wrong in relation to them you are simply no where near my own level of experince.

while you have no doubt attended many locks badly instralled or worn, most all the lock problems i have attent were directly due to others mistakes or misuse. the alarm co get the 1st call as its them who have the 24 hour servie contract - not the lock smith from yellow paes. if the alarm won't set/unset as the door is on he alarm system so the alarm co not the YP locksmith gets called out it is us have a 24 hour service and the lock had the Chubb name on it. i even got called out to Chubb safes and jammed vaults, imagine me armed with my neon screwdriver trying to open one of them?

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived