Security Installer Community

Concept Alarm System Fault

I have a problem with a concept system that was installed several years ago for a elderly neighbour that sets to the full alarm intermittantly.It goes to full alarm when the syatem is both unset and set.It shows as a Tamper fault on the keypad.I have shorted out the main panel tamper but the fault still occurs.The system has 5 zones with P.I.R AND 1 Zone with a SV1 window sensor,1 Door entry zone and 2 P.A .Both backup batteries seem o/k .Has anybody come across this fault?

cheers Mick

I have a problem with a concept system that was installed several years ago for a elderly neighbour that sets to the full alarm intermittantly.It goes to full alarm when the syatem is both unset and set.It shows as a Tamper fault on the keypad.I have shorted out the main panel tamper but the fault still occurs.The system has 5 zones with P.I.R AND 1 Zone with a SV1 window sensor,1 Door entry zone and 2 P.A .Both backup batteries seem o/k .Has anybody come across this fault?

cheers Mick

you have a tamper fault, if you have linked the global out it could be :

BELL TAMPER

RKP TAMPER

PANEL TAMPER

DUFF BATTERY

Your saying it goes into full alarm when unset (full alarm meaning internal and external bell box going off) if thats the case it sounds like external bell box tamper.

If only internal sounder is going off you can sure the tamper exists within the property,ie rkp detector or cabling tamper.I hope this helps.

Guest anguscanplay
Your saying it goes into full alarm when unset (full alarm meaning internal and external bell box going off) if thats the case it sounds like external bell box tamper.

or maybe a panic button is slightly pressed ? go round with a key and give them all a turn - just a suggestion though to be fair your going to need a test meter and a fair amount of knowledge to cure an intermitant fault like the one your describing, my money is still on the battery.

Angus ( check it one stage at a time )

Hi mate is it an ade concept or a concept 3000/4000 fron innerrange.

TVX systems what a good idea by the time the picture had downloaded the intruder would have been long gone.
SFE.Solutions security systems

Angus if it was a panic button pressed in slightly why would the panel be showing tamper like the guy said in the original thread?And if it was the PA button the panel would lock-out until you press the reset button on PA device, plus the panel would say PA wouldn't it?I think without a meter and some knowledge of how to use it your xxxxx in the wind my friend.

Angus if it was a panic button pressed in slightly why would the panel be showing tamper like the guy said in the original thread?

You're the self confessed expert compared to us mere amateurs, why don't you tell us???

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional

Guest anguscanplay
Angus if it was a panic button pressed in slightly why would the panel be showing tamper like the guy said in the original thread?

waited for you to ask that , might be the impact detector is out of line , might be the installer got his colors mixed up , might be a bellbox tamper , might be a duff battery , did he mention pressure mats ? could be any one of a hundred things and unless the poster has access to basic test tools and a reasonable grasp of curcuits my guess is as good as yours.

Maybe he should pop up to the bellbox and have a quick look at the microswitch ?

Maybe he should take a voltage reading ( under load ) of the battery ?

either one puts him at risk - simply checking the simple things could save the cost of a callout

and its very very bad manners to edit your posts after another member has replied in an attempt to make them look foolish - I will let it go this time for the " newguy " but if you carry on doing that it will get reported

Archived