Security Installer Community

Amatures

markovitch

This is my very first topic and i don't think ill be making any friends with my next comment.Im very surprised to see some very amateurish advice given on a alarm security site.Sorry for the comment but real alarm engineers will know what im talking about.sorry about the title being mis-spelt.

This is my very first topic and i don't think ill be making any friends with my next comment.Im very surprised to see some very amateurish advice given on a alarm security site.Sorry for the comment but real alarm engineers will know what im talking about.sorry about the title being mis-spelt.

your entitled to your opinion. however, can you back that up? post edited as requested

Guest anguscanplay

is it because most of the advice comes from public members ? hence you been able to post on a public alarm forum ? clue been in the title public ? or the fact that the " real alarm engineers " dont give out there " real " knowledge for free?

weird man

Angus ( firmly bitting tongue )

As i said im new to the site and assumed the people giving advice are qualified alarm engineers or am i wrong.As for being able to back it up as you put it i have my security and emergency systems part 1 and 2 with distinctions and my electronics part 1 2 and 3 ,the latter being an advanced diploma coupled with 12 years experience.Oh i nearly forgot im also a qualified joiner as well as the above,so yes i think i can back it up thanks for asking.......But seriously can anyone give me a brief understanding about what the site entails.cheers:)

As i said im new to the site and assumed the people giving advice are qualified alarm engineers or am i wrong.As for being able to back it up as you put it i have my security and emergency systems part 1 and 2 with distinctions and my electronics part 1 2 and 3 ,the latter being an advanced diploma coupled with 12 years experience.Oh i nearly forgot im also a qualified joiner as well as the above,so yes i think i can back it up thanks for asking.......But seriously can anyone give me a brief understanding about what the site entails.cheers:)

Could you be a bit more specific ie. quote an example and maybe we could give you a more reasoned reply.

If you wish to be taken a bit more seriously check your grammar and punctuation, it would make you come across as a bit more educated. The two posts you have made are very poorly thought out and will only alienate you from engineers on here who have knowledge and maybe would have shared it with you in the trade section.

The older I get, the faster I was.

Could you be a bit more specific ie. quote an example and maybe we could give you a more reasoned reply.

If you wish to be taken a bit more seriously check your grammar and punctuation, it would make you come across as a bit more educated. The two posts you have made are very poorly thought out and will only alienate you from engineers on here who have knowledge and maybe would have shared it with you in the trade section.

When I was at school, the shortened form of 'id est', Latin for that is to say, was always i.e.

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Guest anguscanplay
As i said im new to the site and assumed the people giving advice are qualified alarm engineers or am i wrong.

your wrong - its the internet they could be anybody ( me I`m a out of work pub band lol ) apply for trade status if you can prove it

So, you invite yourself onto this forum - no problems, more the merrier - but with the suggestion that many of the members are, at best, amateurs offering poor advice. You now follow that up by suggesting we all prove otherwise. Why?? because you yourself are a paragon of virtue with impeccable qualifications? I notice you don't actually state which specific qualifications e.g. City & Guilds, HND etc. And no, we weren't asking actually, as you are not the only one with qualifications you know.

If you'd taken the time to read the information on this site you will have noticed that you are looking at the public side (as mentioned earlier) so it could be anyone posting 'authoritive' advice - but being a top engineer you'd know that wouldn't you?... or perhaps not.

I assume you will be applyiing for trade status and furnishing us with your wealth of knowledge and experience??

Nobody is 'out to get you' but you have chosen a strange method of introduction.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional

some of the comments made (and thats both ways) just reminds me of my early tenure on this forum :cold2:

i'll get another seat made up for the wobbly round table - look like a candidate for my succession to the throne has arrived

lol,

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

hi markovitch,

as others say you need to specify what urks you or where you feel the advice given is incorrect so we can best respond accurately either put right or explain further

just keep you post short but informative, see some of mine as an example :)

regs

alan

(shut up you lot lol!)

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived