Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9100 Cotrol Panel

I have replaced a couple of pir's on my alarm system & now find I cannot set the Scantronic 9100 control panel. When attempting to set it with the user code it simply continues to scroll through the all zones & will not set in live mode. I assume I will need to reset the control panel however the default engineer code of 0 + xxxx does not work. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

I have replaced a couple of pir's on my alarm system & now find I cannot set the Scantronic 9100 control panel. When attempting to set it with the user code it simply continues to scroll through the all zones & will not set in live mode. I assume I will need to reset the control panel however the default engineer code of 0 + xxxx does not work. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

as the zones are scrolling, you have most likely blown the supply fuse, if the pir's are not showing a red light as you walk past it would indicate that is your problem.

normally on that panel (if my faded memory cell serves), the external siren should have started up when the fuse was blown, so best you get a competent engineer and have it serviced as your external siren may be faulty or not correctly connected/configured.

the code would have normally been changed by the installer, had you succeeded in 'reseting' (i.e. defaulting) the panel nothing would now be programmed to operate and all the various settings made when setting up the system would now be lost, thats why it's code is changed, so your protected from yourself.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Alan

You have hit the nail on the head!! When part way through repalcing a pir the external sounder activated & now I have no red lights on the pir's at all.

Do you know if it is easy to change the supply fuse(s) & where in the panel will I find it (them) . I have already chaged the battery with no probs so am to an extent familar with going inside the panel

Thanks

John

as the zones are scrolling, you have most likely blown the supply fuse, if the pir's are not showing a red light as you walk past it would indicate that is your problem.

normally on that panel (if my faded memory cell serves), the external siren should have started up when the fuse was blown, so best you get a competent engineer and have it serviced as your external siren may be faulty or not correctly connected/configured.

the code would have normally been changed by the installer, had you succeeded in 'reseting' (i.e. defaulting) the panel nothing would now be programmed to operate and all the various settings made when setting up the system would now be lost, thats why it's code is changed, so your protected from yourself.

regs

alan

Alan

You have hit the nail on the head!! When part way through repalcing a pir the external sounder activated & now I have no red lights on the pir's at all.

Do you know if it is easy to change the supply fuse(s) & where in the panel will I find it (them) . I have already chaged the battery with no probs so am to an extent familar with going inside the panel

Thanks

John

Hi John,

the fuse is a 1 amp 20mm fast blow and can be bought from maplin's, it's always worth having spares for emergencies.

but please be warned before you start, opening and removing the control lid presents a real hazard of a shock from lethal voltage potentials to the unwary or untrained, so at least isolate the mains before doing so and working at your own risk.

in any case keep fingers and screwdrivers well away from the mains connection block in the bottom of the case once te lid is off.

all the fuses are easy to see, should have a translucent pull off cover over them, the one you want i think is centrally located on the pcb and marked 'AUX 1 amp' (i think but it's been a long time).

connecting a meter on 20 volts DC range across the fuses in turn, when it 'reads' thats the blown one. if replacing it blows it again then recheck you pir power connections are very sound with not 'whiskers' across terminals.

when inserting a new fuse the sirens might start up, so be ready and don't be startled or panicked by this, simply type in your user code to stop them, replace the lid lid type in user code again to clear any indications.

and don't forget to restore the mains as the very last task :rolleyes:

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

I WOULD ALSO ADVISE THAT YOU REMOVE THE MAINS FUSE FROM FUSED SPUR ADJACENT CONTROL BOX BEFORE YOU REMOVE COVER.

(and i put it it capitals to emphasise the point!!)

As previously reccomended there are mains voltages present if you don,t do this)

paul

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

Guest Dave the alarm man
please also be aware that even isolating the mains from the spur point

what makes you think it got one?

:rolleyes::P

Alan

The information you gave me was first rate & helped me fully solve the problem. Many thanks & yet another satisfied customer!!

John

Hi John,

the fuse is a 1 amp 20mm fast blow and can be bought from maplin's, it's always worth having spares for emergencies.

but please be warned before you start, opening and removing the control lid presents a real hazard of a shock from lethal voltage potentials to the unwary or untrained, so at least isolate the mains before doing so and working at your own risk.

in any case keep fingers and screwdrivers well away from the mains connection block in the bottom of the case once te lid is off.

all the fuses are easy to see, should have a translucent pull off cover over them, the one you want i think is centrally located on the pcb and marked 'AUX 1 amp' (i think but it's been a long time).

connecting a meter on 20 volts DC range across the fuses in turn, when it 'reads' thats the blown one. if replacing it blows it again then recheck you pir power connections are very sound with not 'whiskers' across terminals.

when inserting a new fuse the sirens might start up, so be ready and don't be startled or panicked by this, simply type in your user code to stop them, replace the lid lid type in user code again to clear any indications.

and don't forget to restore the mains as the very last task :rolleyes:

regs

alan

Archived