Security Installer Community

Proximity Keys

maia

Hi there.

There are a lot of panels/rkp's out there that accept arming/disarming by using a token/proximity key. How can that be safe? I mean, you could get stolen, burglars may force you into giving them the key, etc. How can that be safe? Isn't a standard PIN more effective and less prone to problems?

Best regards

Its all down to the police believing that alarm users are too stupid to remember a 4 digit number. Mind you, they are probably right. We only use fobs if we cannot fit a shunt lock to the door (we use the lock to start entry not to disarm)

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

I can see when a feyfob may be nice and that's when you're entering the garage in your car. Slide the window down and just put the keyfob next to the receiver. But even then, I think that should only get the timer delayed or something and still require PIN. There is a system I've seen yesterday (Bosch, latest version) that's keyfob only! No keypad at all and the system talks to you. I can understand it might be simpler for the average joe, but so is security down a few notches by implementing such method.

Guest Dave the alarm man
Excuse me? What do you mean? :ninja:

if you want the rozzers to turn up in a jam sandwich :rolleyes:

so they can get 'em before the beak, get a asbo slapped on 'em, chav's get a safri holiday everyones happy :cry:

welcome to blair's britian

Archived