Security Installer Community

Gadtec Wireless Expanders

Bazz1977

Hi all i have a Gardtec 595 i am trying to add a 8 zone wireless expander but am have great trouble. I think i may be wiring the 485 bus connection wrongly but not sure

I have gone from panel to interface card on serial cable then from interface card with 4 core to zone expander but every time i try to install zones it says wireless reciever not active

please help

Hi all i have a Gardtec 595 i am trying to add a 8 zone wireless expander but am have great trouble. I think i may be wiring the 485 bus connection wrongly but not sure

I have gone from panel to interface card on serial cable then from interface card with 4 core to zone expander but every time i try to install zones it says wireless reciever not active

please help

The 595 has a connection on the back of the circuit board(newer ones are 4 pin) This expander cable goes from board to expander.

Then its into programming and the instructions that come with the expander tell you how to do it.

!

Thanks for help

I have used plug on connector from rear of panel to interface module using the 04-070 serial cable then from interface module to expander connecting the Bus Connections but when i go to add wireless zones it says Receiver 1 not responding

Any ideas were i get a wiring diagram or full install manual

Thanks for help

I have used plug on connector from rear of panel to interface module using the 04-070 serial cable then from interface module to expander connecting the Bus Connections but when i go to add wireless zones it says Receiver 1 not responding

Any ideas were i get a wiring diagram or full install manual

later versions of the G595 i believe, do not require the interface anymore they connect direct (as per the panlel drawing in the quick start guide).

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

i had this recently - the manual said the old connections but the pcb had the rs port

i wonder if he has checked the battery? :unsure:

lol

(sorry Bazz it's an 'in' joke, Angus is our battery 'Mod' :fear: ).

i bet you (Angus) had a panel where they run out of the newer instructions so stuck in old stock, anyway the tech help number is on the back so give them a call be quickest as it also depends on the version number of the software.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

please help

you definately need to use the blue 4, maye 5 pin connector on the rear of the pcb. i know this as i cut it off and tried to wire it into the data line! i had to use a galaxy digi cable to make it work. the newer ones come with an expander already connected i think.

you definately need to use the blue 4, maye 5 pin connector on the rear of the pcb. i know this as i cut it off and tried to wire it into the data line! i had to use a galaxy digi cable to make it work. the newer ones come with an expander already connected i think.

???????? expander already connected to the pcb???????????don't think so. :hmm:

Archived