Security Installer Community

Part Set Problem

MickH

are you sure you have the right eng number? are you sure you are in eng mode?

p.s. dont tell us how you got into eng mode in the public forum

Yes all numbers for enginner code are OK otherwise I would not be able to access the panel with out the alarm going into full alarm mode? Once in enginner mode, TAMP led is on, next part of the prog squence then brings on the ATTACK led and the TAMP led stays on as well.

The problem I am having is trying to programme for Part Set, after putting the panel into engineer mode and then Set up program, the manual shows that the ATTACK led should illuminate, but I am also getting the TAMPER led illuminate, both at the same time, could this be a wiring problem on the TAMP side of things?

MickH.

Hi, first off I have to say I know nothing about this control panel, but, on having a look at the manual

1) the Tamper LED is illuminated when in Engineering mode

2) the Attack LED is illuminated when in Engineer programming mode

so, in Engineering, Tamper LED is on

in Engineering AND Programming mode both Tamper and Attack LEDs are on, does this help?

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Hi, first off I have to say I know nothing about this control panel, but, on having a look at the manual

1) the Tamper LED is illuminated when in Engineering mode

2) the Attack LED is illuminated when in Engineer programming mode

so, in Engineering, Tamper LED is on

in Engineering AND Programming mode both Tamper and Attack LEDs are on, does this help?

Hi Magpye, thanks for taking the time to try and help me, if you have access to a manual you will see on page 21 that after going into enginner program mode that acording to the diagram, only the ATTACK led should be illumiated and also the program leds for Programs 1-2-3 which is where you select the required program, this is where I think the problem is.

I have just been to my brothers house to check out the spec on his battery for a replacement, he has a very similar system, ACCENTA COMPACT. While I was there I tried the same procedure as I have been doing on mine and his came up with JUST the Attack led illuminating, I did not go any further as I did not want to get my self further into the mire on a system thats not mine.

I think this is where my problems are, the TAMPER led should NOT be illuminated.

Hi Magpye, thanks for taking the time to try and help me, if you have access to a manual you will see on page 21 that after going into enginner program mode that acording to the diagram, only the ATTACK led should be illumiated and also the program leds for Programs 1-2-3 which is where you select the required program, this is where I think the problem is.

I have just been to my brothers house to check out the spec on his battery for a replacement, he has a very similar system, ACCENTA COMPACT. While I was there I tried the same procedure as I have been doing on mine and his came up with JUST the Attack led illuminating, I did not go any further as I did not want to get my self further into the mire on a system thats not mine.

I think this is where my problems are, the TAMPER led should NOT be illuminated.

Well, I've had another look, and I still think I'm right, if the User wants to change User parameters then only the Attack LED comes on, if the Engineer, then both LEDs.

I do stand to be corrected though, this is only my interpretation of what I've been looking at in the manual.

Again, I know nothing about the 'Compact' but would only offer that although this might be made by the same company it does not necessarily mean that the programming is completed in the same way, I know of numerous other sets of controls by other manufacturers that have only very minor changes in their programming methods that are enough to through anyone off.

P.S.

Just had a thought, do you have the panel lid open?

On the Compact I think you will find that Tamper & Attack LEDs on signify that the panel lid (tamper switch) needs to be open.

A lot of control equipment needs this to allow Engineer programming - could this be the problem?

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

if you are using the engineer code. type

PROG-ENG CODE =Attack LED

PROG again LEDs 123 and tamper come on, normal.

if you are using the engineer code. type

PROG-ENG CODE =Attack LED

PROG again LEDs 123 and tamper come on, normal.

Yes this is what I have done and after selecting the required PROG from 1,2,3 which in this case is 3, follow through with the rest of the PROG SETUP, but for some reason cannot get the panel to accept the prog. Does anything have to be programed or set up before this part set can be programed in?

Archived