Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9448 Mains Wiring

chalmersdc

Hi wondered if anybody could help me out. We have bought a house and inherited a Scantronic 9448 alarm system. I have the code for the alarm and can set it etc but i'm currently trying to change the facias on a couple of sockets which require me to turn the one section of the mains power off. The problem is it appears as though the alarm is on the same section of the mains, basically when I turn the mini-breaker off the alarm starts going and wont accept the system code. Only if I turn the mains power back and then enter the code will it shut up! I've tried removing the battery from within the panel but that hasn't worked, i've also tried taking the fuse out but that causes the same reaction as switching the mains off!

Has anyone got any ideas how to switch the alarm off completely to allow me to work on a couple of power sockets?

Thanks

David

Guest anguscanplay
Hi wondered if anybody could help me out. We have bought a house and inherited a Scantronic 9448 alarm system. I have the code for the alarm and can set it etc but i'm currently trying to change the facias on a couple of sockets which require me to turn the one section of the mains power off. The problem is it appears as though the alarm is on the same section of the mains, basically when I turn the mini-breaker off the alarm starts going and wont accept the system code. Only if I turn the mains power back and then enter the code will it shut up! I've tried removing the battery from within the panel but that hasn't worked, i've also tried taking the fuse out but that causes the same reaction as switching the mains off!

Has anyone got any ideas how to switch the alarm off completely to allow me to work on a couple of power sockets?

Thanks

David

Hi david

the system isnt really designed to be turned off but it is designed to cope with a few power cuts - you`ll need a new battery

Angus

Ummmmm.........

The whole point of Alarms is that they protect all the time, so they are designed to be VERY DIFFICULT to turn off - otherwise your friendly neighbourhood burglar would pop by and do it for you.

AND............

The alarm should continue to work properly while the power is off; for many hours.

SO....

You have a problem. Possibly/probably a faulty battery.

YOU SHOULD

At least get a new battery. Ideally get a professional to do that and test/service the system at the same time.

IF.........

You have the engineers manual and all the engineering codes AND you are competent to work inside units with live electricity, you could try this yourself. There is a DIY servicing guide on the main TSI web site.

IF NOT...

Call 3 reputable local firms for a quote to sort it out.

Guest anguscanplay
I've had a bad day...................

Juyst trying to be helpful and explicit :rolleyes:

cool man - we all get days like that lol they wont let me be explicit since the unfortunate episode with the ...............lol

Archived