Security Installer Community

Paragon Plus - Part Set Options

Jlee

I just moved in to a new house, which has one of these alarm systems. There is a user manual and a card completed by the engineer saying what zones are set up and with what status key. This is only complete for Config 0, i.e. full set and the 3 part set configs have been crossed through. I would like some advice as to how to set one up. I've searched the forum for the answer but cannot find anything on this topic. I've also read that you do not provide installation manuals, so I won't ask!

All I want to do is to be able to part set the alarm to cover the downstairs area and garage when I go to bed.

The current full set config is as follows:

(Zone - Room - Status key)

Zone 1 - Door - E

Zone 2 - Kitchen - A

Zone 3 - Hall - I

Zone 4 - Living room - I

Zone 5 - Garage - I

I'm thinking that, since when I go to bed I would set the alarm in the hall and the hall sensor will be the first to pick me up when I come downstairs I need to set a part set config exactly the same as above but with the hall set to A (Access). Is this correct?

Can someone please give me step by step instructions on how to set up config 1 with this part set data?

Many thanks for your help.

I just moved in to a new house, which has one of these alarm systems. There is a user manual and a card completed by the engineer saying what zones are set up and with what status key. This is only complete for Config 0, i.e. full set and the 3 part set configs have been crossed through. I would like some advice as to how to set one up. I've searched the forum for the answer but cannot find anything on this topic. I've also read that you do not provide installation manuals, so I won't ask!

All I want to do is to be able to part set the alarm to cover the downstairs area and garage when I go to bed.

The current full set config is as follows:

(Zone - Room - Status key)

Zone 1 - Door - E

Zone 2 - Kitchen - A

Zone 3 - Hall - I

Zone 4 - Living room - I

Zone 5 - Garage - I

I'm thinking that, since when I go to bed I would set the alarm in the hall and the hall sensor will be the first to pick me up when I come downstairs I need to set a part set config exactly the same as above but with the hall set to A (Access). Is this correct?

Can someone please give me step by step instructions on how to set up config 1 with this part set data?

Many thanks for your help.

not a panel i or many on here rate, but you will need the eng number and manual.

it would need to be set as part e/e not access.

your other option is to put a rkp upstairs, which is possible with out the eng number. not 100% on which can and cannot have keypads on these but you can just check in the panel.

I have the engineer number and user manual but not the installation manual.

There is already a RKP in the kitchen near tne entrance door but not one upstairs. I don't really want the hassle of setting up another RKP and was just hoping to be able to part set it in the hall before I go upstairs.

Does anyone else out there have the manaul so they can tell me the routine to follow to set this up?

No I haven't tried the manufacturer. First stop was internet and that brought me here, naturally. Looked like the type of place people might be able to help. I guess I'll contact the manufacturer instead.

No I haven't tried the manufacturer. First stop was internet and that brought me here, naturally. Looked like the type of place people might be able to help. I guess I'll contact the manufacturer instead.

There's lots of help here, but the manufacturers are (I believe) one of the main reasons that engineering information isn't allowed to be made generally available, except to bona-fide (vetted) trade members.

Good luck.

OK, so are you suggesting the engineers here will trade this type of information between themselves but not with joe public? It seems to me that all I want to do is some perfectly basic and reasonable user configuration. This is surely not protected information? The user manual is next to useless! I can't event change the delay time //.B.W.F.//.

Also checked the manufacturers web site and it says customer support is only available for installers and distributers. Sounds like they've all got you over a barrell to get more cash out of you to me. Totally immoral if you ask me, to sell a piece of equipment and not disclose to the owner of it how to make rudimentary adjustments to it's configuration. I could understand if I wanted to reset the damn thing without the master code or something like that. Pffffffff

OK, so are you suggesting the engineers here will trade this type of information between themselves but not with joe public? It seems to me that all I want to do is some perfectly basic and reasonable user configuration. This is surely not protected information? The user manual is next to useless! I can't event change the delay time //.B.W.F.//.

trade don't need to we have manuals.

its for the site admin to decide not us.

good luck

JLee as im sure you read when you signed up that the site does not give out engineering or defaulting information to public members.

regs

FCE

All comments in this post are my own views and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer

Archived