Security Installer Community

Paragon Plus - Part Set Options

Jlee

Also checked the manufacturers web site and it says customer support is only available for installers and distributers. Sounds like they've all got you over a barrell to get more cash out of you to me. Totally immoral if you ask me, to sell a piece of equipment and not disclose to the owner of it how to make rudimentary adjustments to it's configuration. I could understand if I wanted to reset the damn thing without the master code or something like that. Pffffffff

Excuse me, but why are you complaining about people who are trying to help you? Not exactly gracious is it? And it doesn't encourage anyone to give any further help either, so behave like an adult please.

Your complaint, if you have one, is against the person who sold you the house. Either they provide the manual that goes with the alarm or explain why not.

If you take the trouble to look around this site you will find lots of reasons why engineering manuals are restricted - I suggest you take the time to read and understand first please.

JLee as im sure you read when you signed up that the site does not give out engineering or defaulting information to public members.

regs

FCE

Haha... Was that meant to be sarcastic? I hope so 'cos if not you must be living on some strange planet if you think new users read 4 pages of small print everytime they register for a forum. Yeh, course I read it! :)

Excuse me, but why are you complaining about people who are trying to help you? Not exactly gracious is it? And it doesn't encourage anyone to give any further help either, so behave like an adult please.

Your complaint, if you have one, is against the person who sold you the house. Either they provide the manual that goes with the alarm or explain why not.

If you take the trouble to look around this site you will find lots of reasons why engineering manuals are restricted - I suggest you take the time to read and understand first please.

Excuse me but I don't see anyone trying to help me here, just coming out with useless rubbish. What I want to know is obviously very secret and you'd all have to kill me if you told me. Looks like you've all got some sort of secret handshake going on. And don't worry, I gave up expecting any help here a few posts ago. Just thought I'd tell you what I thought of your useless forum when someone asks a basic question and get's this type of useless rubbish in reply. The internet is usually such a great tool to people needing help, unless of course you come here.

I never heard anything so ridiculous in all my life. It's like selling me a TV then saying I need an engineer if I want to tune it in to channel 5!

Sheeeesh.

if you had bought/had the system installed it would have been set up to your requirements, as you didn't it isn't.

british and european standards dictate what options the user can use, not us.

it is very obvious why manuals are not given out, if they got into the wrong hands it could be a problem.

ppl have tried to help you and given the best advice they can, having ago at us will not help you part set your system.

get a local firm in who are willing to work on your system [not all will be] and you won't go far wrong.

best regards and good luck.

Guest anguscanplay
Also checked the manufacturers web site and it says customer support is only available for installers and distributers. Sounds like they've all got you over a barrell to get more cash out of you to me. Totally immoral if you ask me, to sell a piece of equipment and not disclose to the owner of it how to make rudimentary adjustments to it's configuration. I could understand if I wanted to reset the damn thing without the master code or something like that. Pffffffff

sure have tweety pie , now if you want to take full responsibilty for your system and if you can prove that it actually is yours ( to my satisfaction not yours btw ) for an extortionate charge one of us im sure would call and reboot it back to defaults for you - see one of the problems is the proggramming is my intellectual property not the end users and its my insurance premiums that cover you against the system not working if you have a break in.

To be fair though every industry , trade , calling etc has a similar stance its liek selling you a telly but not letting you retune it to pick up next doors " wireless " cctv

Intended

Angus

Excuse me but I don't see anyone trying to help me here, just coming out with useless rubbish. What I want to know is obviously very secret and you'd all have to kill me if you told me. Looks like you've all got some sort of secret handshake going on. And don't worry, I gave up expecting any help here a few posts ago. Just thought I'd tell you what I thought of your useless forum when someone asks a basic question and get's this type of useless rubbish in reply. The internet is usually such a great tool to people needing help, unless of course you come here.

nah - try the search button above , there is and will be loads of good helpfull advise ( if its the advice that can be given by a SECURITY forum )

Good grief Angus, let's get this in perspective! This is BASIC USER adjustment for crying out loud. I shouldn't need some so called expert for that! I don't want to reset or anything. Just USE it!

Guest anguscanplay
Good grief Angus, let's get this in perspective! This is BASIC USER adjustment for crying out loud. I shouldn't need some so called expert for that! I don't want to reset or anything. Just USE it!

simple really ( oh yeah use the search button - i can keep this up all night )

users can turn it on and off

users can change codes

users can alter the chime

users can view the logs

thats about all a user can be trusted with , you want to change your exit time go ahead - until a friend,member of the family,visiting tradesman decides to do it without your knowledge and sets it to 99 secs fd set, same with part sets , entry times the whole shebang really - hence you are a user and have no need or reason or ability to have , obtain or see the progg manual

listen is this going to drag on as im about to make coffee and if it is i might do a flask

intended

Angus

That's not advice, that's just annoying.

Surely someone here can see how ridiculous it is for this adjustment to be kept secret from owners.

Is it just me? Or maybe everyone here has had their judgement clouded following the secret handshake.

---Do the flask Angus, I'm only just getting going now.

Archived